We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers

Hi All,

I have just booked Paris for me and my girlfriend in November (surprise birthday gift), I realise it is a little early to be asking questions but I am super organised type of guy.

I am staying at the Clarion Collection Etoile Saint-Honoré hotel just of the Champs-Elysées. Can anyone recommend a resonable but reliable transfer service or give an indication as to how much it would cost in a taxi from CDG Airport to our hotel?

Also while I am on here any tips/recommendations on things to do, sites to see (as well as the obvious) and nice restaurants/cafes/bars would be greatly appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,229 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers

Transfer services in Paris have a reputation for unreliability. Walk out of the terminal to the official taxi rank and take a taxi, which will cost about €50. If you do not speak French, have the hotel name and address printed on paper to give to the driver.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,847 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers

A taxi, from the official taxi queue, should cost around 50€ to 55€.

Another option is the Air France bus #2 to Etoile, cost is 17€ each.

The low cost option would be the train, RER B to Châtelet, transfer to RER A1, A3, or A5 to Etoile, cost 9.50€ each.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers

Since posting the earlier message I have been reading a few threads. A number of people have mentioned the good service they have received from IS Prestige, does anyone have any experiences of this company? They charge a similar amount to getting a taxi

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,229 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers

>>They charge a similar amount to getting a taxi<,

So why would you not get a taxi? Paris taxis are reputable, clean and efficient.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers

Good point, I guess I am thinking about airport transfers when I have been to other places that make sure you get the airport on time. I read other people talking about getting taxis back to the airport can be problematic, just dont want to be rushing around on my last day

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,229 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfers

You can book in English with Taxis G7 on 01 4127 6699 or Taxis Bleus 01 4936 1010 and it will be at the kerb waiting for you a few minutes before the booked time. Taxis in Paris are far more reliable than transfer services.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
143 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfers

We used a company called Odyssey for airport transfers. 70 Euros each way but they were super efficient, polite drivers and before time both ways. If interested, I can pm you the contact details.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
457 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfers

Shutte Inter is well reviewed and is 55 euros for two people in a private transfer. We have used them numerous times with no probems. Also you do not have to pay until you are dropped off.

The shuttle vs taxi debate is well documented in this forum. To me it is a matter of personal preference. No service, shuttle or taxi, is perfect. You can order a taxi and not have it show up just as well as a shuttle. Decide what works for you and go with it. It also pays to have a backup plan, like the closest taxi stand in case the called for taxi doesn't show up or just go for a taxi if the shuttle doesn't arrive.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,033 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfers

I would NEVER use a shuttle TO the airport -- when they fail to show or show up late or have other passengers to pick up far out of the way, you are in big trouble. For a high stakes trip to the airport where being late will cost thousands, I always use either a taxi arranged the night before or take the train.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,847 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfers

Quite simply, if there ever is a problem with a taxi showing, the dispatches can easily send another taxi, pronto. Taxi G7 dispatches over 6,000 taxis. No shuttle company has that depth and the lack of backup cars is rarely if ever a concern with taxi companies. With shuttle companies it's a constant problem which is why there are a very large number of complaints about shuttle services.

Additionally, much more often than not, passengers will save money using taxis.