We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Under 26 free entry for EU residents

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edenbridge, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Under 26 free entry for EU residents

Looking at the websites for various attractions they mention free entry for EU residents, citizens etc

Some websites just say resident, others say citizen, and others seem to change depending on which page you look at.

The part of this I am unsure on is that I am a UK resident, but I am an Australian citizen. I have a UK driving license and an indefinite leave to remain visa in my Australian passport. Would I be able to get the free entry (I am 20) as it is not clear whether residency is enough or whether citizenship is required. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
9,869 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Under 26 free entry for EU residents

No, residency and driving licenses have nothing to do with it. It's to do with citizenship and requires a passport for I.D.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,029 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Under 26 free entry for EU residents

the cites say 'resident' -- I would give it a try.

Edenbridge, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Under 26 free entry for EU residents

I will be trying, they can only say no. I am hoping if I have a screen shot of each museums website stating resident I might be able to with proof of residency.

This extract from the louvre website "- 18-25 year-old residents of the European Economic Area (EU, Iceland, Norway, and Liechtenstein)" would suggest that it is about residency able58.

Although this seems to be quite a discussed topic on here and there are no real answers, plenty of people are saying either way. Some sites say proof of age and residency required, any idea what a proof of residency could be?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Under 26 free entry for EU residents

The Musee d'Orsay site, among others, makes this very clear:

18-25 year olds who are not citizens of an EU member state but are long-term residents of France or other EU country (holders of a visa valid for more than 3 months): Proof is -- ID card with photograph and current student card or residence certificate.

musee-orsay.fr/en/…free-admission.html

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Under 26 free entry for EU residents

< Some sites say proof of age and residency required, any idea what a proof of residency could be? >

In your case, your proof of residence is the "indefinite leave to remain" sticker in your passport.

6. Re: Under 26 free entry for EU residents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 06:20