We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ready to purchase Paris-Bayeux train tickets

Brisbane,Australia
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Topic
Ready to purchase Paris-Bayeux train tickets

Have finalised schedule and am ready to purchase our train tickets from Paris to Bayeux.

Have I got this right -

When pre-purchasing we are allocated seats. Can we change the actual seats once purchased, meaning two window instead of two aisle? I see that you can indicate your seat preference but I cannot find a seating plan for the train (Intercties)

No real advantage in travelling first class.

Tickets can be printed off before leaving home.

We just board the train and show our tickets to the conductor. No validation required at station?

Anything else I may need to know would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, mmmsby4

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from US$108.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
572 reviews
from US$51.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$331.40*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,137 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ready to purchase Paris-Bayeux train tickets

If you buy the really cheap PREMs tickets for an Intercites train, you do not get a seat reservation. Sit in any vacant seat.

Brisbane,Australia
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ready to purchase Paris-Bayeux train tickets

sydneynick, the ticket we are looking at getting gives us a seat no. and carriage. Is this correct for the non PREMs tickets?

mmmsby4

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,732 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ready to purchase Paris-Bayeux train tickets

<>We just board the train and show our tickets to the conductor. No validation required at station?>>

These things are changing but typically, unless you have a ticket which is non transferable or non refundable such as a PREM, you must validate the ticket by placing it in the slot of the validating machine located at the entrance to each quai or platform.

The inspectors, of they pass at all, will usually do so en route.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,488 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ready to purchase Paris-Bayeux train tickets

If you have a print-at-home ticket, it will not fit into the validation machines.

If you ticket has car and seat numbers, sit in the allocated seat.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,732 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ready to purchase Paris-Bayeux train tickets

Any size of paper will fit into validating machines, at least the machines I have used. The slit is on the side of the machine meaning that it validates only the corner of larger paper stock.

However, most print a home tickets are non refundable/nontransferable meaning validation is probably not necessary anyway.

6. Re: Ready to purchase Paris-Bayeux train tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:18