We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Topic
Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

After spending parts of three different summers staying at the edge of the 5th and 6th off Place de la Sorbonne, I recently spend seven nights at an apartment in the 7th, a block behind the Musée d'Orsay. During the week I walked the city, revisiting the old neighborhood, but also exploring arrondissements such as the 17th and 19th. I also spent a lot of time on the newly opened Berges de Seine, a fabulous place to stroll. 

I took many photographs and have created a trip report which may be found here:

anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

Wow, what a great report and pictures! BTW, I really like that website, it's so nice to be able to post pictures right on your TR (hint, hint, TA!)

Thanks for sharing, looks like you had a really wonderful trip. I recognized many of the places and I'm looking forward to exploring the new walkway on the Seine in the fall.

Jo

MD
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

htmb, I've been following this on anyport. Your photos are great, as always.

I always think cat photos are a nice addition.

Is that a dropped cake on the sidewalk? How are they going to explain that?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

JoDen and Cloverdale1, thanks so much for your kind words. Glad you have enjoyed the photos.

About the cake.....I was walking down the street when two young women (Americans, I believe) rushed out from a door. One plopped a cake stand on the sidewalk while the other scooped the cake out from a box, positioning it on the stand. It was a pretty big cake, too. That would be the sidewalk where, even though it gets hosed down most days, it's still a Paris sidewalk....not the cleanest of places to put something you are going to eat. At least they used a stand.

Girl number 1 then started to spray the cake with whatever was in the can, all while calling out the name of a third girl who I assume was inside the building across the street. I gathered it was the third girl's birthday, but didn't stick around to find out.

You can see just about anything in Paris as long as you keep your eyes peeled. ;-)

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

Great report and photos! Thank you for sharing!

dallas
Level Contributor
482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

agreed on the report and on the site - love the comments on the locks given the recent thread - and you are so right - how anyone can support doing that is beyond me

thanks for the time and effort - looks like you really had a great trip

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

Great report, it made me even more ready for my trip - 5 days until London and then Paris on the 17th :)

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

Gorgeous photos and a lovely report - my favorite kind with all the little details of daily living! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

DJCat1, I went to London first, so I have a couple of London reports, if your're not too tired of photos. Have a great time!

Edited: 03 July 2013, 16:38
los angeles
Level Contributor
8,985 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

Thank you so much--great way to start my morning!

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris Trip Report in Photos: 6th, 17th, 19th and de Seine

What lovely pics! Thanks for sharing!