We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers for a family of 6?

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfers for a family of 6?

From what I have read on these forums, taxi service is the way to go from the airport to our apartment in Paris. I am concerned that there are 6 of us, and we would all need to be together. 'Reliable' airport transfer companies do not seem to exist in Paris.

Does anyone know what 'reliable' options we might have while all traveling in one vehicle from Orly?

Merci!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,228 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers for a family of 6?

Even ignoring the reliability factor, or lack thereof, for 6 you'll pay much less if you simply go to the taxi stand and have them arrange for a taxi of sufficient size. In additional to the metered fare, you'll pay 3€ each for the 4th and subsequent passengers and 1€ per bag placed into the trunk.

I should expect you will pay approximately 65€ to 70€ for door to door service.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers for a family of 6?

Take a taxi. Go to the official taxi rank and tell the "starter" that you have a party of six. You do that by catching his eye as you near the front of the line, or by walking forward to him from further back and holding up six fingers. He will nod to you and motion you to wait. As soon as a suitably sized cab comes along he will bring it up for you, or even call one. You may have to wait a bit, but larger vehicles are available in the fleet, and you will be taken care of.

Personally, I would slip him a small bill when he tucks you in.

Level Contributor
685 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers for a family of 6?

Thank you both for your reply! A taxi it is! I appreciate the tips, and now I have one more thing checked off of my 'to do' list.

Merci!

4. Re: Airport transfers for a family of 6?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 06:18