We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
289 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

Hi...my 16 year old daughter will be traveling by herself on a flight from Geneva to CDG. She was supposed to meet a cousin at the airport so they could travel into the city together but there has been a date issue and the cousin is coming in a day later. Its really expensive to change my daughters ticket so I am trying to figure out what the easiest way for her to get from the airport to the apartment she is staying at is. The apartment is very close to where Moulin Rouge is. I don't want her having to navigate multiple trains, etc... as she isn't very well traveled and will have baggage. Can anybody please advise what they would do? Would a taxi be the best idea? I priced it out and it seemed to be about $60.00 which I thought was a fair price (much cheaper then changing the existing ticket or buying another) and I thought it would be the most direct way too. I welcome any advice or suggestions. Thank you very much.

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.20*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
659 Reviews
from US$73.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,216 Reviews
from US$120.80*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
822 Reviews
from US$123.30*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

She should follow the clear signs to the official taxi rank and take a taxi. Paris taxis are thoroughly reliable, and it will cost around €50.

If she does not speak French, she should have her destination address printed out to show to the driver.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
646 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

a cheaper option would be taking the RER - B train from CDG . once you collect your luggage and exit , you can go to terminal 2F by any shuttle (5 minutes) and then follow the signs "Paris By Train" in the airport and this will lead to the train station inside the airport . look for the tickets office . you will find two entrances . when facing the ticket office , go to the one on the left titled as "Billets Ile-de-France" . Buy your ticket . there's a door exactly near the office . get out thru the door and you will find an escalator . go down the escalator and you will find the train " RER B " right there waiting for you . the RER - B will make many stops in Paris . The first stop will be Gare du Nord . stop at Gare du Nord and transfer to metro line which takes tot he hotel .

this will cost approximately ten euros max

Edited: 08 July 2013, 06:39
Mentioned in this post
Nord
Nord
Hauts-de-France, France
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

If she takes the RER train into Paris, she would need to get off at Gare de Nord and follow the signs for Metro Line 2. This involves a long walk along an underground walkway that runs the entire length of the mainline platforms at Gare du Nord. She would then take Line 2 towards Porte Dauphin, getting off at Blanche, which is the station closest to the Moulin Rouge. It is also in the heart of the largest red-light district in Paris, so the daughter might see some interesting things as she walks to her hotel. However, she would not be in any danger.

Although a taxi will cost around €50 against the RER/Metro cost of €9.50, I think it would be a better choice for this young woman.

Mentioned in this post
Nord
Nord
Hauts-de-France, France
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
289 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

Thank you very much for your help. I am concerned about the trains...she does not speak french and I think the having to change trains and pay attention to different stops will be stressful. The apartment is on Rue Pierre Fontaine 9th Arrondessement 75009. Would that be considered the red light district? Is it a safe area?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

The red light area is along Bvd de Clichy between Blanche and Pigalle Metro stations. It does not extend for any appreciable distance down the side streets such as Rue Pierre Fontaine.

The area is safe: there are many people on the streets until very late at night.

However, if your daughter can handle the New York Subway, then the Paris Metro will give her no problems. It is very well signed. The lines are referred to by their number, and the direction of travel is given by reference to the station at the end of the line. There is absolutely no need to be able to speak French.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
289 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

@sydneynick...Thanks so much for your help and advice. She has rode on the NYC subway a few times but probably not enough to remember how to so...I think a taxi will be the best bet. I know its substantially more in terms of cost vs. the metro but it brings me piece of mind! :o)

Mentioned in this post
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

In my opinion, that is the best decision. But I wanted to be sure you had full information to make an informed choice.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

For a nervous mommy and an novice traveler daughter, IMO the only option is a taxi.

9. Re: Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 02:35
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,416 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from CDG to area by Moulin Rouge

Daniel, You wouldn't be trying to promote this company would you? Your posts look rather fishy to me. Are you aware that promotion and advertising are not permitted on the forums?