We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
beccab00
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

Hi everyone, this is not a question more of a heads up. We bought tickets in advance from ticketnet.fr, a ticket company endorsed on the Louvre website amongst others.

The tickets were booked on June 8th with the plan being to go to Le Louvre on July 8th, and the Musee D'Orsay on July 9th.

We received a confirmation with a code, and I printed off what I thought was a list of suitable withdrawal shops. When I got to Paris I realized that I had only had a part of the list open on my iPad, so I re-checked on my laptop and discovered that there is only one place listed to collect tickets. This is the Palais des Sports, about 5km west of the city.

We checked with other stores that were listed as ticket issuing venues in other areas and were met with blank looks. Printemps, Carrefour and FNAC that are issuing points for other ticket agencies say they know nothing of this company, the people at Le Louvre were equally bemused.

Now, fair enough, had I found my way through the rather dense website and discovered only one collection venue I would have changed my mind about using them. Additionally, they also charge 1.70 Euro for a .pdf ticket. However, no .pdf appeared on any email from them.

Incidentally, their email address no longer works and I can find no other contact on the website.

Honestly, I am no beginner when it comes to booking travel, but I can only conclude that this is a scam or a ghost website over the top of a genuine one.

Owing to time restrictions we are kissing goodbye our 47 euro and just arriving early at the Musee D'Orsay tomorrow.

If anyone can tell me where I went wrong then I am very happy to listen, but in the meantime I would advise against using the company.

Happy travels.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

Thanks for this!

Before, we could pick up tickets at Virgin but all those shops have closed.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

You did not go wrong, the only issue is that ticketnet used to be a major player of the online ticketing business at the beginning of the Internet e-commerce wave, but has failed to keep its rank. The issue of their sole ticket collection venue was discussed here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k65346…

I keep recommending http://www.fnactickets.com as they are the ticketing corner of the largest cultural goods & services chain in France, but there are other good options (such as Billetreduc.com).

beccab00
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

Hi there! Thanks, I thought that simply following a link from the Louvre website would be a reasonable guarantee but there is always room for error. We travel a lot but we have never had so much hassle as we have had over this. Never mind, I posted a cathartically stinking email to them (even though it bounced, that helped), posted a polite email to Le Louvre suggesting they might want to review the link to the company, and then posted what I hope is a useful email to good old Trip Advisor in the hopes that others don't use them.

Onwards and upwards to the next excellent dinner in Paris!

Regards

Becca X

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,025 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

the sad thing here is that there is no problem buying tickets at the Louvre on the day you want to go and rarely a line of any significance. people have this idea that the lines at the Louvre are horrendous but they aren't. in a couple dozen trips, I have only encountered a line as long as half an hour once. the only museum that really must have tickets ahead is the d'Orsay and you can buy it on line and print it at home before you go.

5. Re: Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 05:24
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

We were also in Paris at this time and had also bought louvre tickets from ticketnet.fr we couldn't find anywhere near our hotel to pick them up so in the end were disappointed, I have also tried to find an email address to contact them with no luck money down the drain.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

Thank you very much for these reviews! I wanted to buy tickets on their website but after this information - not at any price! Thank you!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

We just arrived back from Paris and visited the Louvre on a very rainy day. I was so glad that we had pre-purchased tickets at the FNAC at Le Forum Des Halles prior to arriving. There was a huge lineup for ticket purchases at the Pyramid entrance and a one minute wait for people with tickets. I had also read that there would be no lineup but there certainly was.

I, too, had purchased a ticket through Ticketnet.fr assuming that since they were on the Louvre website, it would be a convenient pickup location. Upon realizing where I had to collect the ticket, I decided to eat the 13.1 Euro price and purchased tickets to the Louvre, D'Orsay and L'Orangerie through the FNAC website. I'm not sure where the other FNAC stores are but the one at the Forum Des Halles was conveniently located and had reasonable hours for pickup. I would certainly pre-purchase tickets if I were to visit any of the Paris museums again.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,025 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

there is usually a line at the Pyramid but not at the other entrances. with ticket in hand you will not necessarily skip the Pyramid line because it is a security line -- you were lucky to be allowed to do so.

I have been to the Louvre a couple of dozen times and only stood in a line for half an hour once -- on a rainy Monday that was also a holiday in France.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Concerns about Ticketnet.fr

Ticketweb, rather than Ticketnet, should be used for those who live in the US or Canada as they will mail the tickets (though you do have to allow plenty of time for that) or you can pay for expedited shipping.

There's really no point in ordering advance tickets (that cannot be printed at home, such as Louvre)) from FNAC, as you stand in the same line at any FNAC with a billeterie and can just as well make your purchase at the same time.

Regardless of the resource, you do agree to the terms and conditions ahead of finalizing your purchase.

Obviously, it's a good idea to determine whether you'll be able to print your tickets at home OR where you'll need to go to collect them once in Paris ahead of making your purchase.