We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charles de Gualle to Paris (not Gare du Nord)???

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Charles de Gualle to Paris (not Gare du Nord)???

Hi All,

How do I get from CDG to Paris Eurostar station? Is there a shuttle, train, bus? Anyone know how much it costs and schedule? I don't mean the Gard du Nord, btw. When I plug that into the Eurostar site, my return ticket to London becomes E212.50 not approx E70 (big difference there).

Merci!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,406 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charles de Gualle to Paris (not Gare du Nord)???

The only station I'm aware of for Eurostar is Gare du Nord, which you can reach from CDG on the RER train.

Is it possible that you've missed out on the cheaper tickets by not booking in advance? Prices go up the closer you get to your travel date.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charles de Gualle to Paris (not Gare du Nord)???

>How do I get from CDG to Paris Eurostar station? Is there a shuttle, train, bus?

RER B to Gare de Nord

>Anyone know how much it costs and schedule?

www.ratp.fr

>I don't mean the Gard du Nord, btw. When I plug that into the Eurostar site, my return ticket to London becomes E212.50 not approx E70 (big difference there).

Then it is not clear what you mean because the only station Eurostar serves in Paris is Gare de Nord.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charles de Gualle to Paris (not Gare du Nord)???

Just to make sure you are filling in the blanks correctly when trying to get prices, the Eurostar portion of your trip is "only" from Gare du Nord to London. So if you are using CDG as your point of origin, perhaps this is causing some confusion on price.

If you want to get from CDG into central Paris, you will be using the RER B (train), The RER B stops at several stations in Paris, and gare du Nord is one of them. In addition, the Eurostar departs from gare du Nord, but that is a separate ticket/booking.

If you just want to get into central Paris (not Gare du Nord), then you can use a different RER B station (like St Michel), take a taxi, or take the bus to the Opera area.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charles de Gualle to Paris (not Gare du Nord)???

And while we're all asking questions to understand your rather odd query, here's another one: If you want to get to London, why not fly there directly, or fly there from CDG? Eurostar is fine for city centre to city centre, but is tricky to book when you can't be sure if your transatlantic flight will arrive on time.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,186 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Charles de Gualle to Paris (not Gare du Nord)???

Gare du Nord is the Eurostar station, if you want to take the Eurostar to London you have no choice but go to Gare du Nord, it doesn't leave from any other Parisian station. The cost of RER B (commuter train) from CDG airport to Gare du Nord (or anywhere else in Paris) is 9.50 €.

6. Re: Charles de Gualle to Paris (not Gare du Nord)???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 05:17