We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from St. Lazare to CDG late Fri?

Norwalk, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Getting from St. Lazare to CDG late Fri?

We will be coming from Bayeux via Rail Europe and arriving at St. Lazare station after 10 PM on a Friday night. (was told the train doesn't go to CDG) How will we get to a hotel near CDG airport? Will there be taxis at that hour? I believe the distance is about 30 kilometers-is that correct? About how much can we expect to pay for 4 adults plus luggage? Would it be better to stay in the St. Lazare area that night and try to get a taxi the next morning to CDG? I'd hate to miss our early afternoon flight by having taxi/traffic problems Sat AM. Our trip is in September, if that matters.

If anyone knows a better way please let me know.

Mentioned in this post
Lazare
Lazare
1,376 Reviews
Paris, France
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Roissy-en-France, France
Bayeux
Bayeux
Calvados, France
Europe
Europe
World
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,116 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from St. Lazare to CDG late Fri?

just take a taxi -- it will be roughly 50 Euro -- there is an extra charge for the 4th passenger of 3 Euro and bags in the trunk are 1 Euro each -- you could also take the RER which would cost 38 Euro for the 4 of you -- so a cab would be more pleasant as it will take you directly to your hotel.

from the train station you could take the RER E to Magenta which corresponds with the RER B at Gare du Nord and take the B to CDG (being sure to get on a train actually going to CDG -- the signboards announcing the coming trains will indicate if it is going there (the B like most RER trains branches to more than one destination)

I would do it in the evening so you have no fuss about getting to your check-in 3 hours ahead in the morning. It will mean an extra hour of sleep in the morning.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel At Gare du Nord
Hotel At Gare du Nord
601 Reviews
Paris, France
Roissy-en-France, France
2. Re: Getting from St. Lazare to CDG late Fri?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 05:16