We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fences up at Champs de Mars

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Fences up at Champs de Mars

Hi all,

I was just in Paris last weekend and I had a random question about the fences around the Parc du Champs de Mars. There was a lot of fencing set up in the park (e.g., separating the sidewalk from the grass) and around the streets (even an arch-like fence on one street, as you might see for a marathon), but I couldn't think of what it was or if it's always there and I just never noticed during past trips. Is it for the Tour de France or something else? Any help?

Essex
Level Contributor
27,626 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fences up at Champs de Mars

Bastille Day??

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fences up at Champs de Mars

I think EW is right. There's a big concert in the Champs de Mars on 14 July - perhaps they are preparing already

…parisinfo.com/paris-show-exhibition/99078/G…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fences up at Champs de Mars

I think it may have been a publicity event by the French Golf Federation to raise awareness about the Ryder Cup coming to France in 2018. The French Men's Golf Open took place from 4-7th July near Paris.

http://www.ffgolf.org/index.aspx?news=17355

4. Re: Fences up at Champs de Mars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:17