We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotel near Montparnasse Train Station

Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
874 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Good hotel near Montparnasse Train Station

I will be in Paris for the first time in many years next September for just one or maybe two nights. After that I will be taking the train from Montparnasse Station to Bayonne and on to St Jean Pied du Port to start my walk on the Camino.

I am looking for an inexpensive to moderately priced hotel somewhat near the train station but also easy access to cafes and such. I really just want to relax and soak up some of the Parisian atmosphere. I know from experience that jet lag will hit me about 4-5pm the day I arrive so someplace with its own restaurant or one very near by where I can get an somewhat early dinner and stagger back to my bed when the shakes set in would be nice. Clean, comfortable and safe are musts, my own bath would be a awesome bonus since I will be staying in Pilgrim accommodation and sharing a bath for the next few weeks after Paris.

Walking distance or a short taxi ride to the station would be fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Montparnasse Station
Montparnasse Station
122 Reviews
Paris, France
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.20*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
659 Reviews
from US$73.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,216 Reviews
from US$120.80*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
822 Reviews
from US$123.30*
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
327 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotel near Montparnasse Train Station

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Delambre just a couple of blocks up from Gare Montparnasse. We chose it because we rented a car at Gare Montparnasse for our ten day tour of Normandy and the Loire Valley.The location is very convenient and there are a number of eating options close by. It's a short walk from several Metro stops as well as the Denfert-Rochereau RER station. The rooms as well as the service were very good. We would stay there again.

Mentioned in this post
Loire Valley
Loire Valley
Centre-Val de Loire, France
Saint Cloud, Florida
Level Contributor
874 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotel near Montparnasse Train Station

Thanks guillame, I will have a look at it.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotel near Montparnasse Train Station

Ibis Paris Gare Montparnasse on rue de Vaugirard may suit your needs and is at walkable distance from train station and lots of cafés and restaurants.

4. Re: Good hotel near Montparnasse Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 06:18