We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Eurostar Tickets

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Eurostar Tickets

My husband and I will be travelling from London to Paris on 28th December 2013. Any tips for sites to buy cheap tickets. It will be 1 senior and 1 adult ticket required.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Eurostar Tickets

Buy from the official site(eurostar.com). You can buy from 120 days before travel date (maybe more from Oz) and cheapest tickets go quickly.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Eurostar Tickets

I live in Brisbane. I had flight center buy my tickets as soon as the 120 window came around. It will be cheaper the further away from the date you need it, the closer you get the more expensive. With flight center I still waited about 3 weeks for the tickets to arrive and I bought insurance. The insurance was cheap and if anything happened I could change the date of my Eurostar ticket without paying any extra fees.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Eurostar Tickets

For some unknown reason, our American friends can buy their tickets more than 120 day out. I pretended I lived in America, booked my ticket and printed it out.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Eurostar Tickets

Naughty girl, Dale! You are lucky they didn't make you sing 'Star Spangled Banner' at the check-in desk :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Eurostar Tickets

I sang Waltzing Matilda while I pressed the US button

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Eurostar Tickets

You are Guantanamo bound, for sure.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Eurostar Tickets

The lower cost tickets do not all get sold on the 120th day before departure, paricularly if you are able to be flexible with your timings, it is just that when they are gone they are gone. In fact on 28 December, I would not expect there to be many people travelling on businsess or many of the usual weekend commuters.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Eurostar Tickets

Yes, railtraveller is right that there are anomalies. Occasionally I have had to buy at fairly short notice and been pleasantly surprised by the low prices available at certain times of the day. One thing is for sure though - they will never get cheaper as time goes by, only more expensive, so if you know when you need to travel, try to book early.

9. Re: Cheap Eurostar Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:16