We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in Feb ?

Pune
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Paris in Feb ?

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Paris in 2nd week of february. We are a couple & wouldnt mind if it would be around 10 degree centigrade.

can you please let me know if the weather would be fine at this time in feb ?

Will it be too rainy/snowy that we will not be able to do sight seeing?

I referred a few blogs which say that it is not a bad time to visit.

So can anyone please confirm?

I can understand, none of us can predict the weather but still, would it be a mistake in Feb ?

Thanks & Regards,

~Himu.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris in Feb ?

As you say, weather cannot be predicted with any certainty for a given day, but if you look at weather trends, you can find out what the most likely possibilities are.

Minimum temperature: 1-3 degrees C (depending on the source)

Maximum temperature: 7-8 degrees C (ditto)

Average temperature: 2 degrees C (37.4 degrees F)

A daily temperature as high as 10 degree C seems highly unlikely in February. Is it going to be too cold to do sight-seeing? It would be way too uncomfortable for me, but then I'm from Southern California. My goodness, I'd have to buy a winter coat! A visitor from Finland would find Paris in winter comparatively balmy. You'll need to decide for yourself whether the weather will suit your needs.

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
918 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris in Feb ?

We are planning a February trip to Paris also. This will be our 7th trip since 2006. We usually go in March but have also visited at Christmas and we don't mind walking in the cold. Last March we landed in Paris to snow. We were shocked. You never know what the weather will be but it is our favorite place so if we can go we go.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
210 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris in Feb ?

I went to Paris one year in feb it was snowy and cold but we had a great time!

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris in Feb ?

London and Paris often have similar weather. If you are from Pune, you may want to hold off into May. February could be quite a shock, and the daylight hours are quite short too.

Poster number three is from snowy Colorado, so they would have been prepared for cold weather.

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
918 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris in Feb ?

We are from southeast Texas where it is hot and humid most of the year. Right now we have 100 degree temps and high humidity. We actually enjoy the cold weather as we don't get a lot of it here. But I'd go to Paris any time I could!!!

Pennsylvania...
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris in Feb ?

Was in Paris feb15-21, this year. The temps were in the 50's every day! For me it was perfect. I wore a scarf and gloves to start the day and always took them off , got too warm. We were lucky we did not have 1 drop of rain the entire time. My husband took 2 jackets and he only wore the lighter one of the two. I would just bring scarf and gloves and a warm jacket. Even at night it was fine we did a river cruise and were on the outer deck and was comfortable with my scarf and gloves on.

The crowds were light, the apartment was a great price, and I thought the weather was perfect!

7. Re: Paris in Feb ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:17