We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

Last year we could watch the fireworks live here in the states... appears the link below says it's only available in France! Anyone have a link for the US?

http://quefaire.paris.fr/14juillet

Paris.fr

Lawton
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

The only place I've found so far is the earthcam webcam...but it isn't really streaming...just updated pics every few seconds. I wish I could watch live streaming!!!

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

very disappointing as we were able to watch last year. Hopefully they will post a recorded version.

Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

I couldn't answer you when I found out about EARTH CAM.COM where I saw the entire Bastille Day display on that site. It always shows the Eiffel Tower but, wow, what a show on Bastille Day. Next year check out that site.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,221 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

They just finished.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

A repeat just started 4 mn ago.Hope you can watch it now.

It was a great show.Much better than last year imo.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

It should be on YouTube by tomorrow morning.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

I watched it live on TV for the first time in my life. Since the theme was war, it wasn't very cheerful at first since it made it look like Paris was under bombs, chaos and set ablaze, but it was very spectacular and one of the most original and well-mastered fireworks / light shows I have seen. Of course the second half was about peace and much more colorful. Definitely the best in a long long time. Not to be missed if you get a chance to see it.

Here is the link: http://quefaire.paris.fr/14juillet

Edited: 14 July 2014, 23:22
San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

Thanks for posting the link Mrs F_M!

Very powerful and different from displays here.

Are the fireworks seen in the far corners of the city part of the official show by the Eiffel Tower or smaller neighborhood shows?

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

I did notice that the show covered a very large area in Paris itself but hadn't paid attention to other fireworks in the far corners. I just looked at the video and I see that some of the suburban fireworks are indeed visible in the distance. In the inner suburbs, about two thirds of the fireworks are on the 13th and one third on the 14th.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bastille Day fireworks streaming live?

Based on the angle at 10:30, I suppose the one you can see in the distance was the Puteaux / Neuilly fireworks since it was tonight at 11 pm also.