We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget for 3 days in Paris (and 3 days in London)?

Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
167 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Budget for 3 days in Paris (and 3 days in London)?

My husband and I are planning a London-Paris trip in the fall. We'll be in each city 3 days and looking at the London and Paris museum passes to save money on the attractions. Trying to set a budget and not sure how much money we need, like per day. This wouldn't include airfare, hotel, transportation (between London-Paris) and attractions (if we get the passes). So guess it mostly means food and transportation around the cities. We're in our early 30s, so don't want to eat fast food, but don't need expensive restaurants either. Any advice or suggestions? I've read the travel forums on the London and Paris museum passes, looks like we would save money and time, but don't buy the extra travel passes and pay for metro as we go.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget for 3 days in Paris (and 3 days in London)?

In Paris, I estimated about $100.00 per day for meals. Most of the time, we stayed under budget.

Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
167 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget for 3 days in Paris (and 3 days in London)?

Was that for 2 people? That's better than I thought it would be.

Thanks!

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget for 3 days in Paris (and 3 days in London)?

Remember London has buy one ticket get one free on many top tourist attractions. If you are getting shuttle from airport to London city keep your ticket and present it when purchasing tickets.

Google 'buy one get one free London attractions' you can save a fortune.

Also due to the beautiful Parisian parks, ample seating at most attractions and great weather you can do what many do buy good food on the hop and have a picnic. Crepes savoury & sweet, fresh baguettes, ham, cheese, fresh roasted chicken, salads and a bottle of wine etc....

Have fun.

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget for 3 days in Paris (and 3 days in London)?

If breakfast is not supplied by your hotel, 10 Euros for breakfast, if you sit down, less if you stand. 15 Euros for lunch and 35 Euros for dinner on average. Also add in drinks and/or a snack between lunch and dinner which unless you want to eat with your fellow tourists will be 20h 30 or later.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget for 3 days in Paris (and 3 days in London)?

We averaged about 100€ per day last month (and ate no more than two meals out per day, some days only one meal - it's a long story). So $130 a day for us. The real problem is finding value/the right places for those dollars. We've done it more cheaply (and eaten a lot of street crepes) but this time we went for actually sit-down meals. At good places. It was very yummy.

London wasn't much different. Self-service type pubs (where you go to the counter to order) were the best bet for us (we weren't there to be foodies), it varied from $90-110 in London (we ate in museums some, and in pubs, it was really good pub food most of the time, and enough variety for three days). In London we were eating out for two meals a day plus buying little items for breakfast (hotel had a stove and refrigerator), I'm including the cost of all of that.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget for 3 days in Paris (and 3 days in London)?

Re- metro, you can buy a carne/book of tickets 10 journeys for 13€ that may be your best option, you will be surprised how many you will use, it will save you precious exploring time in Q's, they can also be used on the funicular at Sacre couer. I may be wrong but I'm sure metro tickets are 1.70€ each...., so a little saving for your budget.

Maybe someone can correct any of the above prices.

London has many pub food, many chains (witherspoons) do meal deals - drink and meal for £6-£8 It's often lasagne, filled baked potatoes, burgers, salads,fish & chips, pastas.. Etc etc.

Again you can always picnic during the day, plenty of decent take always without going down the usual junk fast food or pop to Marks & Spencer food hall for picnic chilled food.

7. Re: Budget for 3 days in Paris (and 3 days in London)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:20