We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

I forgot to pack my Body Glide and I'm already suffering from just a couple of hours of walking. The humidity in this city is just crazy and the fact that there is very little air conditioning makes the problem even worse.

Where can I find a stick of Body Glide or an alternative?''

Thanks!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,900 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

You're there during a heat wave and at the height of summer.

Try Monoprix. maps.google.com will help you locate one near yourself. Or go into a store labeled "pharmacie" and try and describe what you need (look for the green crosses; each one that's not open on Sunday will have the address posted of the one that is closest that is open). But at Monoprix (full-sized, not Monop) you may find that brand or very similar right on the shelves.

Of course, it'll be Monday morning by the time you get out and about - so Monoprix should be open!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,591 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

I just had a look at the Body Glide website (I've never heard of the stuff) and it looks like it's sold in sporting goods stores, so you may have better luck at a store like Decathlon.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

Here is a funny story: on our honeymoon in Paris a number of years ago, my husband had the same problem. We went to a pharmacy and he wanted some Vaseline. In my naïveté at the time and in my desire to show off my high command of the French language to my new spouse, I said haughtily that of course they would not have the same brands here as they have at home. We meet with the pharmacist and I launched into a looong spiel about what he needed, something along the lines of "la creme qui fait glisser la peau". The pharmacist knitted her brows and exclaimed "Ah! Vaseline!" and whipped out a tube of familar-looking Vaseline. So, long story short, just go the closest pharmacy, they'll have what you need!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

I have to get my mind out of the gutter..........

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

Jo...Jo...Jo

~shaking head~

6. Re: Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 04:12
Edited: 22 July 2013, 04:12
Queensbury, New York
Level Contributor
554 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

JoDen...me too...

Little Rock
Level Contributor
608 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

There's a running store on 14 rue de l'ouest. 75014 They should have body glide.

Metro stop: Gaîté

Edited: 22 July 2013, 00:42
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

I've looked for Body Glide on a number of occasions, being a frequent walker, but I haven't found it so far. I haven't looked at that store by Gaïté, though. Maybe I will if the heat wave ever ends.

10. Re: Where do find 'Body Glide' in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:17