We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel options from Ireland to Paris?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Travel options from Ireland to Paris?

Hi all, hope it's ok for me to post this here, but I would be grateful for other peoples' opinions/advice:

I live in Dublin and I've decided to go to Paris for a short weekend break. However money is quite tight for me so I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the most economic way to travel. Airlines from Belfast to CDG airport (easyjet, Flybe, etc) are v.expensive. Ryanair is cheaper and flies from my home city Dublin to Beauvais, but I think you have to get a shuttle to a station in the middle of nowhere, then get a train, and it can be tricky getting back there on a Sunday which is when I would be returning home. The cheapest option seems to be flying to London then getting Eurolines bus to Paris. Has anyone done this and if so is it an ok journey? I don't really like the idea of several hours on a bus but if it's cheap it might be preferable to trying to navigage from CDG/Beauvais to central Paris.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel options from Ireland to Paris?

Hi, Miranda. I think flying to London and then getting a bus is not a good idea. Your bus journey would be at least five hours, so you will have spent the best part of a day getting to Paris and another getting back home.

I'm not a big fan of Ryanair, but I think it is your best best. The shuttle bus from Beauvais takes 1h15 mins

www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=eng

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel options from Ireland to Paris?

Thanks very much for this. Is the Pershing carpark difficult to get to on a Sunday from Paris/or is it far from there to a metro station or other place that I can then travel into Paris city centre?

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel options from Ireland to Paris?

the carpark is at Porte Maillot, which is on métro line 1 and has very frequent trains. This is a very useful map of the métro/RER lines :http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=eng.

As you can see, it goes through the centre and is convenient for many of the major sites.

By the way, I have just checked and the journey from London to Paris with Eurolines is 8-10 hrs!!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel options from Ireland to Paris?

Flying to Paris from Dublin Ryanair is by far the cheapest but you have to watch their site to get the best deal and then hop the shuttle bus from Beauvais total travel time from Dublin Airport to Paris is about 3 hours. You could also look at flying to Tours and then getting a train to Paris from there book the train as far in advance as possible train time from tours about 2 hours.

If you decide that you want to go to Paris and hope to get a cheap flight last minute with any airline from Dublin forget it to get the best prices you need to book well in advance.

The best deal at the moment is Ryanair to Brussels Charleroi which I recently booked €122 for two return you can also get a train to Paris from there.

Unlike other posters I am a fan of Ryanair as it has allowed a lot of Irish people to fly to places that they could not afford when we only had Aer Lingus or foreign airlines also they do employ about 6000 people.

ireland
Level Contributor
975 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel options from Ireland to Paris?

I am also a Ryanair fan, and with only a weekend, why waste time with long bus and train journeys. Porte Maillot is not in the middle of nowhere, it's on line 1 of the Metro, very easy to get to anywhere in Paris.

Have a look at www.ratp.fr Click on the green circle, plans de lignes, then metro, and you can download a metro map. Sorry I'm rubbish at links, so can only do the simple one's.

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel options from Ireland to Paris?

I am flying from Dublin to Paris (CDG) Setp. 25 1 way with Aer Lingus. I paid 87E for the flight. Check them out. I am from Canada and booked the flight from here.

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel options from Ireland to Paris?

I forgot to add that this is a direct flight.

8. Re: Travel options from Ireland to Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 05:17