We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG airport to Hotel Platine

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
CDG airport to Hotel Platine

Hi, on my first trip to Paris next week from Ireland with my wife. We are staying in Hotel Platine and the nearest metro station is Charles Michles. I have read that it is sometimes better to get the bus than the train depending on where you are staying. Could anyone help on directions and the best form of transport from the airport.

Many thanks. Jim.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG airport to Hotel Platine

If you are traveling very light, you could try taking the RER-B into Paris, to the Denfert-Rochereau station, then change to Metro line 6, direction Etoile, Transfer to line 10 at La Motte-Picquet - Grenelle (direction Boulogne/Pont de St Cloud), get off at Charles-Michel and short walk to the hotel. You can buy your ticket at the CDG/RER station and it will cover the transfer to the metro, for about 9.50€ per person.

Otherwise, best to take a Taxi directly to the hotel, approx. cost around 45-55€.

Edited: 26 July 2013, 22:05
London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG airport to Hotel Platine

A more direct route is to take RER-B as travelnutty suggests, but get off at Saint-Michel Notre-Dame. Follow signs for Métro line 10. There is an underground link passage, which I think starts near the front of your RER-B train, that leads to Cluny-La-Sorbonne station on line 10. You can then take a train on line 10 (direction Boulogne) direct to Charles Michels.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG airport to Hotel Platine

Thank you both for your prompt replies. One last question. Will my ticket for the RER also do for the metro or do I need to buy new tickets.

Jim

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,530 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG airport to Hotel Platine

<<do I need to buy new tickets>>

Reread response #1:

¨You can buy your ticket at the CDG/RER station and it will cover the transfer to the metro, for about 9.50€ per person.¨

5. Re: CDG airport to Hotel Platine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 06:19