We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code Restaurants in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York...
12 posts
Save Topic
Dress Code Restaurants in Paris

So my husband wants to go to an only Dress Code restaurant in Paris. Any suggestions?

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code Restaurants in Paris

What does that mean? Do you mean a restaurant that requires that men wear a jacket and tie?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code Restaurants in Paris

I think there are only three or four of those left. Maxim's still has a dress code, I believe, even though it was dropped from the Michelin guide ages ago.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code Restaurants in Paris

As a matter of fact, the few that still have a dress code tend to be "former glories" which are now on the down slope, culinary speaking. Tour d'Argent is one of them (based on your other thread, the view there is fantastic, but food quality is unfortunately no longer in line with the hefty prices; though if you are after great, and expensive, bottles, this is one of the top places in Paris)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code Restaurants in Paris

There seems to be an obsession with the term "Dress Code" in your four thread on the Paris Forum. I tried to defend you in one of them, but this seems to be overkill, asking to eat only at "Dress Code" restaurants. Wear whatever designer clothing you pack to whatever restaurant you go to. No one is going to stop you if you are over dressed. The opposite may cause some problems. As they say: "Better to be Over Dressed, than Under Dressed". But a "Dress Code Restaurant", really?

5. Re: Dress Code Restaurants in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:16