We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York...
12 posts
Save Topic
Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

I know I am asking a lot of questions, but does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée restaurant have a dress code? I want this trip to be wonderful and romantic! Please reply ASAP.

1. Re: Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 04:54
wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

Personally, I have never equated a jacket and tie with romance. If that is what floats your boat, as your various threads are starting to make apparent, then simply choose the Michelin 3* with the most expensive prix fixe menu that requires jacket and tie. Clearly nothing else matters.

3. Re: Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 July 2013, 04:54
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

363Emmie .. too late to edit, but click on 'Report inappropriate content' bottom right on you post, and scroll down to 'delete my comment.'

As for Rza ... I think many of us are envious because obviously money is of no consideration. She can afford to stay and eat wherever she wishes. Her posts were worded nicely and in no way snotty or condescending. She asked them in the same manner as most of us ask about restaurants, and dress codes.

It's not the amount that you spend, it's your attitude and how much you enjoy whatever your lifestyle allows.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 23:21
New Jersey
Level Contributor
551 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

No need to act like a jerk 363. Maybe Rza didnt do the proper homework to find an easy awnser to the question or maybe they did. Either way the forums are meant to teach and help people not be rude. Just a kind fyi.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,743 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

Jason, nothing is more annoying then reading a post that berates or corrects another poster,,when that other poster ALREADY APOLIGIZED.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,551 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

I've always thought that one of the advantages of having lots of money is that you don't have to dress up for anyone (and there are quite a few billionaires who seem to agree), but I suppose it's a question of individual preference.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,903 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

Yes, the dress code as stated is Jacket and Tie and the lady should take this opportunity to wear that LBD she has been saving in the suitcase. Have a great evening and enjoy your meal and most of all Paris. Do ignore the less than positive advice.

Hope you got your "question" on your other post about the dress code in the "A La Carte" restaurant sorted out.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

Euromanic I certainly agree with your view totally.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée have a dress code?

Euromanic and bev, I think that if you flip the situation around there is a different sensibility. Suppose you did your homework and decided that you had divined the perfect restaurant, saved for a couple of years to make the trip, dressed in what you considered was an appropriate and respectful way and were seated next to Mr.Arrogant Billionaire who thinks he is above playing by anyone else's rules and has arrived in his schlubby grubs, throws his money around at Maitre Ds and his influence at the waiters, speaks and laughs too loudly, intruding on the air/audio space of others. .

Money does not give anyone the right to disrespect others around them, IMHO.