We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
13 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

Hello!

Going to Paris for our honeymoon in late November and looking for good places to eat lunch and dinner - and yes, I'm aware that with French cuisine you really can't go wrong with a lot of places. I'd prefer to stay away from tourist traps, and looking for a variety when it comes to budget. We're staying in the 5th for 6 nights.

I'll do additional research on Yelp, but would love suggestions from the TA crew :-)

Thank you!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

We really love Au Vieux Comptoir in the 1st ~ an old fashioned bistro serving French classics which doesn't show up on a lot of the regular "lists". A local told us about it a few years ago and we make a point of having one meal there every trip.

http://www.au-vieux-comptoir.com

Congratulations on your wedding and enjoy Paris ~ can't think of a better place for a honeymoon.

Jo

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

For lunch, Le Petit Cafe on rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine:

20littlecities.com/where-to-eat/…

It's very near the Place d'Aligre street market, so it's a good stop after exploring the market and the area.

In Montmartre, try Tifinagh by the Montmartre Cemetery at 17 Avenue Rachel.

In the 6th, try Avant Comptoir for a casual lunch. It's a different experience--standing at a bar and eating delicious little tapas-style goodies. (Google it for open hours--it's near the Relais St Germain hotel on Carrefour de l"Odeon.

Lizard Lounge on rue Bourg Tibourg (in the 4th) is a fun little place to hang out--have a cocktail and snacks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

three we have had excellent meals at are La Cordonnerie near the Tuilleries (reserve); Cottage Marcadet in Montmartre near the Lamarck Caulaincourt metro (reserve) and Josephine Chez Dumonet for classic bistrot food (reserve)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
13 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

Thank you all! All of your suggestions sound like a really good variety sprinkled around Paris - I can't wait to try!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

In the are of the Arc de Triomphe : Le Hide, GREAT food and very reasonable prix fixe

In the area of Montemarte, Le Jacobin en Face, same as above

Generally near Notre Dame, Gladine's

You will find all three on Trip Advisor, and they all have Web sites. Very reasonably priced and incredible food.

Have a wonderful time!!!

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,307 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

You can also use the search box on this page and enter search terms like Favorite Restaurant, Romantic Restaurants, Best Rotisserie Chicken, Best Crepes, etcetcetc. You'll get lots of previous threads that will be fun and informative. You can also sort by date to get the most recent recommendations.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

Le Cafe du Commerce on 51 Rue du Commerce is a local favorite. Beautiful building, decor and great food. It is about a 15 minute stroll to the Eiffel Tower.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

I agree with café du commerce.

also definitely Chez Nathalie in the 13th ( La butte aux cailles area) : …uk.com/restaurants/…e-21186.html

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

Check my reviews!

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite (non-touristy) restaurants in Paris?

My absolute favorite is Verjus, but it is pricey, so I don't always go there for each visit. However, I always go to Les Cocottes.