We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Uber in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Using Uber in Paris

I am a frequent user of the Uber app for car service in the U.S. (DC, NY, Boston, LA, etc). Can anyone offer any feedback on using Uber in Paris? I am traveling to Paris for vacation, and I look forward to seeing how it works. Thanks.

226 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using Uber in Paris

Never heard of it. Why do you need a car service in Paris?

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using Uber in Paris

Never hear of it, either, but just looked it up. And yes, why would you need this?

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using Uber in Paris

Never used it in Paris, but Yes, it is available according to the Uber website.

https://www.uber.com/cities/paris

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using Uber in Paris

Hmmm....perhaps the OP is trying to promote the service?

Edited: 04 August 2013, 03:40
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
714 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using Uber in Paris

San Francisco has Uber and an acquaintance showed me how it works. She used it to get from her apartment to the convention center we were both working at. It's a great service. Much easier than trying to hail a cab and the price is pretty comparable. When you need transportation, you check on-line (there's a phone app) and request a car. The nearest car will collect you. All monies are handled via a credit card on file including the tip. The appropriate receipt is emailed to you almost immediately after your ride is complete. At least that's how it works in San Francisco.

And no, I am not trying to promote this service - just recently learned that it exists in certain cities.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using Uber in Paris

You will not need or want such a service in Paris. Walk, take a bus, or take the metro.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 05:45
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,086 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Using Uber in Paris

Car services in Paris have a reputation for unreliability. On the rare occasions when you need to travel by car, use a taxi.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Using Uber in Paris

Be aware that if you use the Uber Taxi service, as with all taxis in Paris, the meter starts from the time the driver gets the call. Depending on which taxi service Uber is associated with, they could be a bit thin on the ground and the tasked driver could be some distance from you.

I don't know if this applies to the other Uber services.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 06:59
wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Using Uber in Paris

The taxi service in Paris is reliable. We used G7 and after we called the driver was usually there by the time we came downfrom our apartment. Also cabs in Paris are relatively inexpensive and for your Americans out there , you don't tip or at least nothing more than small change.

Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Using Uber in Paris

No, I am not trying to promote the service. I am a big fan, though, of the service in the US. Far better than a taxi, and I was just trying to get a sense of how it's worked for people in Paris.

Reply to: Using Uber in Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted