We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
139 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

Just wanted to ask if the trains came equipped with toilets. We are travelling from Paris Nord to Brugge and it is a 2h 30min ride. We have a 4 year old travelling.

Thanks in advance,

Jake.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,964 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

Yes. There are toilets on the train.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

There are toilets on all main line trains. Commuter trains are the only ones that generally lack them.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

Of course they do.

4. Re: Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:04
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

Some of them even have baby changing facilities, in case you want to change yours for a better one.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
616 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

It's always a good idea have flush able wipes just in case the toilet paper runs out which happened on my train from Cologne last year. Never had a problem traveling to Belgium.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
139 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

Thanks everyone!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,628 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

It's a good question. I took some regional trains in Italy and only later found out they did not have toilets. If I had knownI probably would have convinced myself I needed one!

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

"Commuter trains are the only ones that generally lack them."

Probably true for IIe de France commuter trains,but most,if not all ,regional trains in Rhône - Alpes do have toilets.Never experienced other regional networks but trains look rather new too.No need to worry.

10. Re: Does the TGV and/or Thalys trains have toilets on board?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:16