We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

Bonjour.

I am interested in booking a furnished apartment in Paris for two months.

Which websites have been used, with great results?

Merci!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Salem, Oregon, USA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

I would either avoid using Vacations in Paris, or would ask them to send photos of the apartment you will be renting prior to booking. We booked an apartment through Vacations in Paris. When we arrived in Paris, we found that the apartment we rented was not the same apartment shown in the photos on their website. The apartment was not the same quality as the apartment shown on the website, and in my opinion was not a good value for the price.

Port Hope, Canada
Level Contributor
451 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

SV:

I would suggest using the search feature of this forum and also on the first page there is a wealth of information on just about every apartment rental company in Paris.

I would also suggest being very wary of the first reply to your post. First, it is their one and only post and they happen to be knocking one of the companies that gets good reviews on this forum. Happygoin will attest to that I'm sure.

I rented through Paris Vacation Apartments in 2011 and had such a positive experience with them we will likely rent from them when we return again.

Good luck!

Edited: 05 August 2013, 19:10
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

I have used Vacation in Paris many times and highly recommend.

It's usually very curious when someone registers on TripAdvisor to disparage something but provides no details whatsoever. Many people have used Vacation in Paris and recommend them on this forum. Not once has anyone reported not arriving to the very same apartment shown in the listing.

For the OP, this question is asked all the time, so scroll down a few pages or so for plenty of recommended apartment resources.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,100 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

my BIL and SIL and family rented through VIP when we were also in Paris a year or so ago -- they loved the place and it was exactly as described on the site. I'd like the one time wonder above to post the number of the apartment they rented and describe how it actually differed from the one they got. In 63 times renting holiday places with a variety of agencies and individuals, we have always gotten exactly what we bargained for.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

Yep...gotta be a bit cynical of someone who posts like that. I 've had nothing but good experiences in at least six different times renting with Vacation In Paris.

Having said that, if budget is an issue, you might have a look at some vrbo.com apartments. They are rentals directly by the owner, rather than an agency. Many times an apartment owner will rent a month for the price of three weeks, essentially four weeks for the price of three. Not all, but some. I don't know of any agency that gives a break on renting for a month.

If budget isn't an issue, Paris Vacation Apartments is very good, as are a lot of others, such as Haven in Paris and Paris Guest Apartments. Paris Best Lodge is another worth looking into.

Find a few candidates and come back with your picks. We can help you narrow down the winner.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
626 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

I've rented from Paris Vacation Apartments twice and have nothing but good things to say about the company and apartments. You can see my reviews on my profile or by doing a search in this forum.

http://parisvacationapartments.com/

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

I've rented twice (and will be renting a third time) with Paris At Home. I just love the neighborhood where their apartments are located, the prices are very reasonable and the owners are wonderful.

http://parisathome.fr/uk/ukindex.htm

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

We just booked Paris Vacation Apartments for next May. Got really lucky to find a 4 night gap for the exact nights we needed. Will post our experience when we return. So far the agency has been very prompt and professional through the deposit process.

I'm really surprised I couldn't find any personal photos of the apartment anywhere online, no blog reviews or here on tripadvisor. This is the apartment we rented.

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g187147…

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

I've rented through VRBO several times, and I have never been disappointed with the apartments. Since it is not an actual rental agency (guess it's considered a booking agency?) you deal with the individual owners. I read the reviews carefully, email the owners, etc. before I sign on.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best/safest websites to book an apartment rental in Paris.

Thank you everyone!!! I decided to go with In Beau Paris, which I found on VRBO.