We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris quick trip update

dallas
Level Contributor
482 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Paris quick trip update

Plan on posting a trip report later but just a quick update - we are just rounding out our second night........................the itinerary and restaurant reservations have pretty much been thrown out the window :)

we are gravitating to brasseries though just because the menus are so much easier for the three of us....................

so far meals have included lunches at chez plumeau and angelina (two blocks from the hotel) and dinners at le grand colbert and royal madeleine.......both of which we loved

today we managed to see mona lisa but never again :)

all good

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris quick trip update

I am glad that you are gravitating towards the freedom of other meal options. It really pains me the way so many people lock themselves into meals, even when they have never been to the restaurant in question and are just going on faith.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris quick trip update

Looking forward to your report!

Throwing the itinerary out the window is one of the best ways to experience Paris. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris quick trip update

Hey David. Same thing happened for me in Rome, sometimes it works out better that way, especially in this heat!

I also had a great lunch at Chez Plummeau last week. Looking forward to your reports.

dallas
Level Contributor
482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris quick trip update

rome meals went out the window save for the huge mistake of sticking with Roscioli,................and horrible and insulting

Paolo in his golf cart was genius though :)

merci!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,469 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris quick trip update

Already been to Positano and Rome? Hope overall that part of the trip was good and the rest of the trip in Paris is even better.

I never plan any meals - I know I would never stick to a plan.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris quick trip update

Interesting, I actually had a great experience at Roscioli but I did see another table in a fight with their waiter...

I was wishing we had someone to drive us around Rome in that heat!

Enjoy the rest of your time in Paris.

dallas
Level Contributor
482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris quick trip update

Merci! More on all that over in Rome :)

Tomorrow I think we try to avoid crowds so opera garnier, rodin and invalides :)

dallas
Level Contributor
482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris quick trip update

Hey momcat sorry missed this one - yes we are in the tail end so trip reports coming...Positano was AMAZING! Arrived sick as a dog and left totally rejuvinated :)

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris quick trip update

So, David, you saw the Mona Lisa -- crowded -- never again, huh?

But did you get to turn around and see the Wedding at Cana?

Sandy

Edited: 08 August 2013, 00:06
dallas
Level Contributor
482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris quick trip update

Well the hip allowed for no line to get in but then wow! And the dude pushed us straight up to the front to view lisa but then we were DONE lol.

Speaking of said reviews is referring / recommending certain vendors acceptable?

All our guides have been great so hopefully ok to highlight?

Merci