We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
17,083 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

It is a wonder to me that the Newsletters from the Paris Tourist Office are rarely mentioned here. Every month, there are ‘themed’ articles, and a running list (quite extensive) of all the upcoming openings, closings, new hotels, public improvements, and so on, very informative and just plain interesting. It is astonishing to read how many new or renovated hotels crop up ‘every’ month - you would never know it by relying solely on the forum… ;-)

If you like the newsletter, you can subscribe and a link will arrive in your email every month to the latest edition.

Here are some random excerpts for the ‘flavor’ :

“Every month ParisNews reveals what is new in Paris. June has a great line-up: a 4-star hotel, a small neighbourhood hotel, an ultra-modern youth hostel, a workshop for made-to-measure couture, an air museum, a local walk … To see how varied and lively Paris is, read on!”

Selections from “Watch this Space”:

- Opening of the Fondation Jérôme-Seydoux-Pathé for cinema, built by Italian Renzo Piano at 73 avenue des Gobelins behind a building with a facade sculpted by Rodin (beginning 2014)

- Reopening of the Monnaie de Paris after renovation by Philippe Prost with the opening of shops and creation of a 500 m2 zen garden, a cafe and gourmet restaurant by Guy Savoy (autumn 2014)

- End of extension work at André-Citroën Park over an additional 10,000 m2 and installation of fountains, refreshment areas and merry-go-rounds (summer 2013)

- Opening of Aéroville, a 110,000 m2 shopping centre near to Paris – Charles-de-Gaulle Airport with 205 shops including some new to France, 30 gourmet restaurants and kiosks, a multiplex cinema (12 screens) and a hypermarket, plus a cafe for events with a view of the airport runways (17 October 2013)

- Renovation of the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont and restoring of it to its original state of 1867 on the occasion of its 150th anniversary (2013-2017)

- Renovation of Paris – Orly Airport with the combining of the south and west terminals into a single large terminal adapted to large carriers like the A380 (2015-2018)

- Creation of a TGV train station at Paris – Orly Airport (2020)

- Launch of excursions in a Zeppelin airship above the west of Paris (August 2013)

- Creation of a swimming area on the Daumesnil Lake in the Bois de Vincennes (2013)

- Installation of new festive lighting on the Eiffel Tower (end of 2014)

- Opening of a brasserie and a luxury suite on the rooftop of the Moulin Rouge (date to be confirmed)

- Opening of a second Saint Christopher’s Inn accommodation centre for young people opposite the Gare du Nord, with 500 beds including 100 in private rooms with toilets, and multipurpose rooms (July 2013)

- End of renovation work without closure at the hotel Carofftel Gobelins, full renovation by the architect Laurent Moreau; at the end of the work the hotel will be called ‘Garance’ (September 2013)

- Opening of a new 46-bedroom hotel of charm and character at No. 18 rue de la Fidelité in the 10th arrondissement by the Relais de Paris Group, rating *** requested (autumn 2013)

- Conversion by Japanese architects Sejima and Nishizawo of the former La Samaritaine department store into a luxury

hotel, Le Cheval Blanc, with 80 bedrooms and suites overlooking the Seine, a cultural centre, a restaurant with terrace and shops (2013-2016)

- Reopening after renovation of the hotel La Bourdonnais (beginning of 2014)

- Opening of an 80-bedroom hotel in the duty-free area at Terminal 2E of Paris – Charles-de-Gaulle Airport , for passengers with a long connection (2015)

- Opening of a B&B hotel at Marne la Vallée with 400 family rooms, free shuttle buses to Disneyland® Paris parks (end 2015)

- Opening of a new eatery at the Grand Trianon at the Château de Versailles (March 2014)

- Renovation of Le Train Bleu restaurant at the Gare de Lyon (2014)

- Renovation and 4,000 m2 extension of the Bon Marché Rive Gauche department store, with the creation of a wine cellar and a bar (2012-2017)

…parisinfo.com/content/…parisnews-gb-82.pdf

Edited: 08 August 2013, 20:20
Bellflower...
Level Contributor
4,854 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

Bonjour, Travelnutty,

I attempted to subscribe and didn't see Etats-Unis listed in the country of residence.

Did I miss something?

MrsJAS

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

Just sign up as if your residence is France, or anywhere else, probably. All they need is your email. It's a really informative site!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
386 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

Is this the newsletter from the Research Dept that comes up on a google search? Please provide a link for registration. Thanks

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,960 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

That is a great resource--thanks! (I too need a little help with instructions about subscribing. I'm the worst with this kind of thing. So any help appreciated. Thanks again.)

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
4,854 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

I do know to select another country. I just thought it was odd that there was a listing for Samoa Americaines, but not the U.S.

Click on the following link to open the site:

http://en.parisinfo.com/

Scroll down to the bottom.

On the right, above the red/hot pink area , you'll see an area headed "Keep up to date with news on Parisinfo." Click "Newsletter."

Fill in the the registration information. Click Send.

MrsJAS

Florida
Level Contributor
17,083 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

Thanks for posting the subscription instructions! I joined so long ago, the website has been revamped twice.

The newsletters back issues can be found online any time - at the top click on 'are you a professional?', choose Travel Trade, then over on the right side of the screen click on the purple 'See the latest issue'. The archive links will be on that page.

I believe when you get your email that there is a link to 'previous issues', maybe when you open the newsletter...

Enjoy!

Edited: 09 August 2013, 12:45
Florida
Level Contributor
17,083 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

…parisinfo.com/latest-news/whats-new/parisne…

- - well, it appears they have revamped the newsletter. I can only see where you have the summary on the website, and then click 'read more' for each section (rather than one single .pdf showing everything). Also, can't find the laundry list of all the improvements, new openings, closings and so on that was my favorite part. Sigh.

Oh, wait! Separate link:

…parisinfo.com/latest-news/openings-and-clos…

Edited: 23 August 2013, 16:30
Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

That's a very useful site, travelnutty, thanks for posting.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

Thanks! I signed up too :-)

Selcuk, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris Tourist Office newsletters - check it out

Thanks for this!