We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

Monday-arrive at apartment @11:30 in Latin Quarter, explore the area, buy a few carnets, buy one 4 day museum pass, find a Monoprix for apartment basics, take a walking tour or two, eat and people watch, make our way to Champs Elysee, perhaps a long scenic city bus ride, go to the Arc de Triophe, and up at Trocador and then over to watch the Eiffel Tour.

Tuesday-pastry shop and Catacombs by 9:30, go eat at Le Moiling a Cafe-8 Rue St Leonie (is this good?), make our way to Pasteur Museum (a must for my daughter) and explore this area-suggestions? Then maybe the Cluny, near our apartment and explore/shop for clothes -ideas?

Wednesday -Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal at 8, then Notes Dame towers and basically the Isle de la Citie, lunch under Madeline Church and then view church relics (lunch here may have to wait till Thursday), perhaps a picnic and then Right or Left Bank walking tour, evening hours at the Louvre and finish with a Vedettes du Pont Neuter boat ride.

Thursday-Latin Quarter walk and then Pantheon, St Sulpice, more eating of course-suggestions for nice meal at @20 euros each? Then Les Halles? Printemps? Then a park and off to L'Orangerie for Monet and take a break before evening hours at L 'Orsay.

Friday-Street markets in the morning (ideas?), Right or Left Bank tour, Montmarte, shop,eat, explore-suggestions? Eat somewhere special our last night, under 100 euros for three and perhaps see the Eiffel Tour or other areas that are lit up at night (???).

Saturday- get up early and go to 8am mass at Notes Dame, clean apartment, pick up last minute souvenirs nearby (there are many shops) and off on RER to CDG to meet my sister who lives in Belgium and we have another week which includes day trip to Cologne, 2 days Amsterdam and wherever she decides would be nice in Belgium.

We plan to 'snack ' a lot in Paris and enjoy the many special foods I see on TA. We will be on St Severin. There is no 3pm fashion show this week. All suggestions would be most welcome and greatly appreciated. Thank you (Merci) to all of you on TA or I would never been able to even post this!!!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

Jesh I apologize for the many spelling errors on my post. Some were due to auto correct and some due to the fact I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to post this. Either way I did know better to check before clicking submit. Thanks again all- you have already made our trip better before we even leave home.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

The one that got me was the Vedettes du Pont Neuter. lol...funny stuff

There's a Monoprix on the bvd. St. Michel just uphill from the Cluny metro stop. For less expensive groceries, there's a Franprix on the r. Domat, not far from you either.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

Thank you Happgoin and cringing as a I am an English major. If only my French were on the same level.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

Interesting, if packed, itinerary. I don't see how you'll manage to do even half of what you've got planned for Day 1, though.

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

I was out of breath when I finished reading and a feeling of a forced march to keep them out of trouble. I would make it a bit more flexible so that it is not just a blur for you or your daughters. for example, I would not do Orangerie and Orsay on the same day.

Edited: 18 August 2013, 17:25
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,075 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

Instead of buying several carnets the Navigo Decouverte may work well for you. You pay 5 euro for the card and then charge it for a week (Mon-Sun) for 19.80. It also requires a small photo. The advantage of the card is that it's easier to use than a bunch of loose tickets. And it's great for hopping on the bus or metro for a short distance without worrying about wasting a ticket.

It's suggested that you arrive at Notre Dame an hour before opening to get in line for the towers - I'd head here first instead of Our Lady of Miraculous Medal.

The girls might enjoy a tour with Fat Tire Bike tours.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

I had debated between carnets or cards so I will get the cards. I am discovering, as I look for comfortable shoes, that I have some nerve issues with my feet so we will likely need to use more transportation than anticipated.

Thank you all for taking your time to make our time better!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
290 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

After Notre Dame on Wednesday I would walk over to St. Chappelle if it is sunny out and enjoy the amazing stained glass windows. They are simply breathtaking. There is a small charge to go inside, but it's been 10 years so I forget what it is. But I wouldn't miss it when I go back.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8,062 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

Sainte Chapelle is covered by Museum Pass.

I suggest that you group your sightseeing a little better.

It feels like you jump too much between right, left bank and again.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 day itinerary for Mom and two teen girls in Paris-input?

You mentioned you were staying near the Cluny. That's an easy place to purchase museum passes, even if you do it on a day different from when you plan to tour the museum. I have stayed near the Cluny several times and always purchased my museum passes there. I never had to wait for more than a minute or two.