We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy - assistance with translation

Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy - assistance with translation

Hi,

we are spending most of September in France, starting with a week in Paris. Our daughter has allergies to peanuts and many tree nuts. I would like to make 3 different allergy alert cards to take with us to use when ordering/buying food. I would be appreciative if any French speaking/reading TA forum people would be kind enough to take a look at what I have come up with and let me know if the translations are OK.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

First one:

My daughter has a life threatening allergy to all types of nuts and peanuts. Could you please assist by alerting me if her order includes a food, sauce or garnish that contains a nut or peanut ingredient? Could you please also alert the chef of her allergy? Thank you.

Ma fille a une allergie mortelle à tous les types de noix et d'arachides/ cacahuètes. Pouvez-vous aider par m'alertant si sa commande de nourriture comprend un aliment, sauce ou garniture qui contient un noix ou un ingrédient d'arachide/cacahuètes? Pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît également alerter le chef de son allergie? Merci

Second:

My daughter has a life threatening allergy to all nut and peanut products. Could you assist by telling me if this food contains any nut or peanut ingredient? Thankyou

Ma fille a une allergie mortelle à tous noix et produits d'arachide/cacahuètes. Pouvez-vous nous aider en me disant que si cet aliment contient une noix ou d'un ingrédient d'arachide/ cacahuètes? Merci

Third:

My daughter has a life threatening allergy to all nuts and peanuts. Could you please make sure that the utensils used to prepare her order have been washed since being used on any food containing nuts or peanut? Thankyou for your assistance.

Ma fille a une allergie mortelle à toutes les noix et les arachides/cacahuètes. Pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît assurez-vous que les ustensiles utilisés pour préparer son ordre ont été lavés depuis qu'il a été utilisé sur tous les aliments contenant des noix ou des arachides. Merci pour votre aide.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy - assistance with translation

Hi Aljaye,

You may use the first alert in shops and the complete alert in restaurants or take away places.A lot of stress for them too, hopefully.

Ma fille souffre d' une allergie mortelle à tous les types de noix /noisettes et d'arachides/ cacahuètes. Pourriez-vous me prévenir si son choix comprend un aliment, sauce ou garniture contenant des noix ou des traces d'arachide/cacahuètes?

Il est également vital que les ustensiles utilisés pour préparer sa commande n'aient pas été en contact avec des aliments contenant des noix ou de l' arachide. Merci pour votre aide.

Pourriez-vous, s'il vous plaît ,également alerter le chef au sujet de son allergie?

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,052 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy - assistance with translation

There are lots of posts about peanut allergies. You can use the search box to find them--they may be helpful. This response will also bump your post, and hopefully a French speaker will respond. Have a great trip.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,052 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy - assistance with translation

I was posting at the same time as guidemontelimar. I'm glad you got such a thorough response.

Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy - assistance with translation

Thanks for the replies. Thanks guidemontelimar for taking the time to provide a great alternative French translation. Other posts/threads on this topic have also been very useful and reassuring, so thanks to those who have contributed.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy - assistance with translation

I too have a severe peanut allergy and am traveling to Paris in two weeks. My French teacher translated a card for me. But I'm on the lookout for good restaurants to eat in near the Eiffel Tower on New Year's eve that don't have peanuts on the menu.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

6. Re: Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy - assistance with translation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 06:19