We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Hotel Recommendation, New Years Eve, Eiffel Tower View

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Hotel Recommendation, New Years Eve, Eiffel Tower View

My husband and I are taking our 4-year-old daughter to Paris over New Years (Dec. 3--jan 1). My husband and I have been to Paris many times - once over NYE - but we have never taken a child with us and since we are going in the winter we want to make sure we are in a good location close to all the attractions. I think the most important thing we need right now is a reasonably priced hotel ($300 USD or less/night) that has a view of the Eiffel Tower. The whole reason we are going over NYE is so our daughter (who is obsessed with the Eiffel Tower) can see the fireworks over the tower at midnight and I figured that was best done in our hotel room. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
342 reviews
from US$60.93*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,253 reviews
from US$106.01*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
533 reviews
from US$43.87*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
664 reviews
from US$108.45*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Hotel Recommendation, New Years Eve, Eiffel Tower View

Just to start the ball rolling for you -

Sorry, there are no fireworks in Paris on New Year's Eve. There have been, at various times in the past, but it is not a regularly-scheduled event on New Years.

The Eiffel Tower will be illuminated (lights on constantly) after sunset. It will "sparkle" for only 5 minutes on the hour, every hour between sunset and 1 AM, then the lights go out. This happens all year long.

There are fireworks very near the Tower on 14 July, for the National Holiday known as Bastille Day - so if seeing fireworks is a priority, you will have to come back in the summertime.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Hotel Recommendation, New Years Eve, Eiffel Tower View

Thank you for your reply! I could swear we saw fireworks last time we were in Paris for NYE, though now that I think about it, I was probably hallucinating because I was super pregnant and nauseous the whole time. Been there for Bastille Day a couple of times - amazing. Thanks for your note. Still interested in a reasonably priced hotel with a view of the Eiffel Tower (though we don't necessarily want to stay right near the ET (boring neighborhood). Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Hotel Recommendation, New Years Eve, Eiffel Tower View

We stayed in a room with a lovely view of the Eiffel Tower at the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel.

It was reasonably priced and we liked it a lot.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Hotel Recommendation, New Years Eve, Eiffel Tower View

Another fan of the Hôtel Duquesne-Eiffel, though it's smack in the middle of that "boring neighborhood."

NZ
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Hotel Recommendation, New Years Eve, Eiffel Tower View

Would you consider a short term apartment rental ? There are a number with good views of the ET and you would have more flexibility with your child for meals etc, plus often far more space than in a hotel and laundry facilities.

For that length of time an apartment may be considerably cheaper.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Hotel Recommendation, New Years Eve, Eiffel Tower View

We are definitely open to an apartment. Does anyone have a recommendation? And I think I chose my words badly when I called the area around the Eiffel Tower "boring". Of course it is gorgeous - it's Paris! It just feels very residential and quiet around there and we would prefer an area with cafes, bookstores, shops, etc. Thanks all!

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Hotel Recommendation, New Years Eve, Eiffel Tower View

I spent the better part of 20 years spending times several times a year staying in the 7ème at the Hôtel Duquesne and the Hôtel de France and was never at a loss for cafés, bookstores, and shops. It was my favorite part of Paris until I went "bohemian" and branched out to Belleville, Ménilmontant, and other ribald areas.

8. Re: Paris Hotel Recommendation, New Years Eve, Eiffel Tower View

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:19