We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
302 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

Hello,

For those interested, I ordered my lebara sim online a bit over 6 weeks ago. I had actually given up hope that I would be getting it at all but in the post tonight was the sim.

So those interested in ordering from Australia, it will be delivered just get in early.

Now to figure how to activate and load up....

Paris, France
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

I received my SIM in about two weeks in the US. Putting it in my GSM unlocked phone activated it. I then went to the website and registered it and "topped up". It was much easier than expected after reading other posts here. I have not made calls yet, so I can't report on that but the set up part has been very easy. I guess the timing is the tricky part as it can apparently take several weeks to be delivered and when you 'top up' you have 30, 60 or 90 days of use based on the amount you add. So you don't want to add the money too soon before your trip.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

Read the enclosed information - as the SIMs are being sent already activated...

san francisco
Level Contributor
228 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

well, I got mine in about a week, easy peasy to activate it, it was not activated yet......

BUT, I can't top up because they say I don't have a credit card registered in FRANCE....

anyone have any way around this??

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
302 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

Thanks Nac. I will wait to top up until closer to my trip.

Djk - it's all in French! I will have to find someone who can read it for me :)

Susanna - I hope not..... But I'd be interested in finding out too

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

Some people have declared that they were able to top up their SIM from home, but I haven't been able to. The Capital One rep even placed a conference call with Lebara who advised that you cannot top up outside of France.

Once you have a "My Lebara" account (which I do, but could not establish until in France), I believe you can top up outside of France, but I don't need to top up so haven't tried.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

It took easily six weeks for my Lebara sim cards to arrive -- it might have been in part due to the fact that my mailing address was correct except for the fact the country said "FRANCE"

When I bought my top up codes at The Phone House on Rue Cler, the woman said that it has to be a French credit card to top up online - I had asked because my card hadn't worked either - not even from my apartment on Rue de Grenelle.

You can buy the codes at places like tabacs. I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising individual is selling them on Ebay for a premium, but I wouldn't pay that.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

In April, once in Paris, I was able to establish a My Lebara account and use my Capital One credit card online to top up. Though I registered the SIM with the address of our apartment, my credit card (during the process billing address was required and I used my home address) went through just fine.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

I just want to report in that I received my Lebara SIMs today, 8 business days after ordering them on 9 Aug. When I ordered them, I showed my address in the "State" line as California, USA instead of simply entering the state. The envelope did have France on the last line, but it didn't seem to be a problem.

They were already activated. I tried to register them ("Sign Up" option) and ran into a snag with 2 of the email addresses I tried. Apparently, they are still in the system from 2012 and 2011. Still working on it...

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

Most recently, I ordered Lebara SIM on a Sunday and received it on Saturday.

Note that things seem to change all the time and various reports are often contradictory...

In April, when attempting to register for My Lebara, the required e-mail to click on a link therein to complete the registration was never received despite several requests to have it resent (and checking my spam folder). CS advised account cannot be registered outside of France. (I'm guessing your IP address). Once in France, confirmation e-mail was received immediately and account was established.

10. Re: Lebara mobile sim finally delivered - 6 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 13:26