We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Paris/CDG to Nice - transfer time?

Washington...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Paris/CDG to Nice - transfer time?

Hi there,

My fiancé (then, she'll be my wife!) and I arrive Paris/CDG at 5:45am next Tuesday on Air France, and we're planning to go straight to Nice. There's an Easyjet flight that departs to Nice at 7am.

Is that enough time to transfer? I've never been to CDG airport so not sure...

Thanks!

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Paris/CDG to Nice - transfer time?

Since you have to go through Customs and Immigration then get yout bags, it is IMHO an impossible task.

You should have booked the AF flight to Nice with connection in Paris, you would have gotten the Nice flight around 9AM leaving you plenty of time for the connection.

If you want to fly Easy Jet get a later flight after 9AM. A 9AM flight would bring you to Nice around 10:30 and it is a domestic flight, so no hassle when you get to Nice.

Edited: 25 August 2013, 16:37
Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,885 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Paris/CDG to Nice - transfer time?

It can take up to 2 hours just to de-plane and get through passport control at CDG. I'd allow at a minimum 3 hours to schedule an ongoing flight, but would be more comfortable allowing 4.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Paris/CDG to Nice - transfer time?

Agree with at least three hours, four would be better. It's always best to allow more time, rather than less, even though you'd rather be on your way and may not need it. But, it you miss your ongoing flight, you'll lose even more time and it will be costly for a new ticket.

Be SURE to check the Easyjet baggage allowances as they are not nearly as generous as those for your transatlantic flight.

Washington...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Paris/CDG to Nice - transfer time?

Thanks much - very helpful! We decided to go with a 9am TGV train to Nice instead - gives us a bit more time, I hope it's enough. Thanks again!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,343 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Paris/CDG to Nice - transfer time?

Wise decision, not least because you won't have to worry about baggage limits.

6. Re: Travel from Paris/CDG to Nice - transfer time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:22