We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louvre and D' Orsay

San Diego...
6 posts
Save Topic
Louvre and D' Orsay

We are traveling to Paris in a few weeks, our first time in Europe and so excited. We arrive on Saturday and plan on taking the hop on/off bus after checking into our hotel to get acquainted with Paris. We will be staying in the 5th dist. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant, reasonably priced to eat our first night? My second question is would visiting the Louvre and D' Orsay in the same day be realistic and enjoyable. There is only a couple areas in the Louvre I would like to see.

Thank you for any advice.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Louvre and D' Orsay

They really are within walking distance of each other, just on opposite sides of the Seine so yea...see no reason why you can't do both on the same day...but I should warn you...both are quite fascinating!! Have fun!!

San Diego...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Louvre and D' Orsay

Thank you Denise, any restaurant recommendations?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,753 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Louvre and D' Orsay

I have a one museum a day rule. and I love museums and in particular love the Louvre. I wouldn't spend less than 3 hours in the d'Orsay -- or the Louvre and two would be too many for me. They are conveniently located near each other though.

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Louvre and D' Orsay

Unless you are just walking through to see one or two works, I suggest doing them on different days. My wife taught me a long time. Ago that 2 hour s is the right time for a museum and 3 hours is too much. If you think that you will actually enjoy 4+ hours in museums in a day, go for it. It would be beyond my and I suggest most people's tolerance levels.

Edited: 25 August 2013, 23:52
wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Louvre and D' Orsay

Restaurants? Regalade St. honore is near the Louvre and very good IMO.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,814 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Louvre and D' Orsay

We've started a tradition of having our first dinner in Paris at the Bistrot d'Henri, 16 rue Princess, in the 6th, just on the other side of the Blvd st Germain. Their web page doesn't work but here ate the TA reviews ---> tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d7…

Pjk

San Diego...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Louvre and D' Orsay

Would Louvre and Notre Dame be better on the same day (Sunday)? We are in Paris for 4 full days, one of those going to Versaille.

San Diego...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Louvre and D' Orsay

I am sorry, I misspoke, we will be in the 15th district the first night.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,782 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Louvre and D' Orsay

The name of the museum is Orsay, not D'Orsay.

San Diego...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Louvre and D' Orsay

Thank you, pardon my mistake.