We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

We are taking a trip of a lifetime to Paris in April. There will be 5 of us so we are looking into renting an apartment so we have more room to spread out and from what I can see, it is much cheaper than a hotel. Does anyone have experience with Vacation in Paris rentals, Escalea or Cobblestay? I have narrowed the search to an apartment from each of these rental agencies. They are all in the St Germain district which I think will be a good choice for my sisters that have never been to Paris. I want to book ASAP because we need to plan. Thanks for your help in advance

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

lulu - in order for anyone to respond to your urgent question, you will have to post links to the apartments in question. Otherwise, check TA reviews for each of the rental companies you are considering. This will go a lot faster, especially if you are in a great hurry.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

I've had great luck with Vacation in Paris. Huge advantages include keys in advance, ease of payment, low advance payment and low security deposit.

You really should check availability before obsessing over which to choose.

When you've narrowed down your possibilities and verified that they are available, post links, as those experienced can take a look to ensure you haven't overlooked anything critical.

NZ
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

Another one who has had very good service from VIP.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

I have rented apartments through both Paristay.com and Parisattitude.com with no problems. Have not had any experience with the three you mentioned. If they don't work out, these would be my suggestions.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,079 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

Don't be in too much of a hurry to read about each apartment carefully. Note several things, first off never assume anything if not mentioned,, so if it says its on the 6th floor, and does not SAY it has an elevator, do not assume it does.

Second look at bedding carefully , some "loft beds" are mattresses on floor with less then 4 feet head clearance and steep ladder type stairs to loft,, who gets that bed?

Location.. does apartment face a busy noisey street, or quieter courtyard( which means no views at all, lol )

Sometimes apartments are listed on several agencies and may be priced differently , so it does help to list specific apartment you are looking at.. also different agencies charge differently or include seperately costs for cleaning etc.. do your due diligence. Renting an apartment is great , but its not something to rush into .. you have LOTS of time.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

Thanks for your replies. These are the 3 apartments we are considering and they are available or the dates in April

escalea.com/en/…apartment-paris-latin-quarter www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_274.htm www.cobblestay.com/paris-vacation-rentals…

We are only in a rush because I know how hard it is to find a good apartment in this area and staying at a hotel for 5 people is soooo expensive so that is pretty much out of the question.

Hopefully someone recognizes one of these apartments :) thanks

Edited: 26 August 2013, 02:25
los angeles
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

They are all in great locations, The first is near the Odeon metro stop--very central. The second is near St Sulpice, also a very nice area. (I noticed it has 2 bathrooms--do they all have 2 bathrooms?) The 3rd appears to be on rue Buci. This is a lively and fun street but may be noisy at night (unless you are out there having fun too, in which case, it's perfect!)

The only agency I have heard recommended, though, is VIP. I like the locations of the other 2 a bit more (bit) more (more lively, less "stuffy"), but I don't know anything about the agencies.

Maybe you can enter the names into the search box on this page and see if you can find threads where they have been mentioned. (And the 2 bathroom thing is important--check to see if all the apartments have 2.)

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,986 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

2nd floor French is, I believe, 3rd floor American if that matters about the first one. Nice large apt. The deposit (etc) is per night and it's a four night minimum. They charge a fee if checking in on Sundays or bank holidays (an additional 50€). I've never heard of escalea rentals, but maybe someone else has. All I can tell you is that it is near/in one of our favorite neighborhoods. Great looking place.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

Yes they all have 2 bathrooms which is a must with 5 girls! The VIP rental looks great but I think it is half the size sq ft than the other 2 although it looks amazing and the reviews are great. The other VERY important thing I forgot to mention in the initial post is I want to be sure I have a contact in Paris in case there is a problem, either personal or with the apartment. Cobblestay is an American company with a Paris contact person for apartment issues. Escalea is located in Geneva, with a contact person in Paris but if there are any problems, a form needs to be completed which doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. VIP seems to be the best to me as far as support, early check in and reputation. (they will let you check in at 9:30 am if the apartment has already been cleaned which is important if arriving to Paris at 5:30 am). They are an American company with a Paris management team. The only downside I can see is the size of the apartment, but I guess that isn't much of an issue if we are out and about living the dream in Paris!!

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Renting an apartment for girls trip in April--Help! Quick!

The VIP apartment looks great, and its size is probably fine for you. Sounds as though it has 3 WC, which is an advantage, too.

Are you all over 25? I noticed this: "If any member of the group is under 25 years old, there must be a least one parent of that person in the group. Failure to abide by this rule may result in the local property manager refusing to allow the guests entry into the property and all rental payments will be forfeited."

Sandy