We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Markets

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
327 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Markets

Hi

Is there an official site for the dates land locations of Paris Christmas Markets 2013. I can't seem to find one we have a week in Paris early December and I would like to plan a day around the markets.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Markets

The biggest Christmas market in Paris is the one on the Champs Elysées, which begins at the end of November. Most of what is sold is made in Asia, of course.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Markets

I'm afraid you'll be disappointed in the Christmas market in Paris. It really is full of tourist tat. The food is fun, but really, that's about it.

UK
Level Contributor
327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Markets

Thanks it's to foodie stuff I'm looking forward to I did think that the other stuff could be tat.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Markets

This is a link to last years Christmas Market info. I imagine the dates will be similar for this year but so far have not been posted:

…parisinfo.com/discovering-paris/major-event…

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Markets

Check for the markets in Strasbourg, they are far more interesting than the paris one and the city is nice. If you can sleep overnight you would be able to see all the X-Mas lights.

You would have to check of course what dates markets open in Strasbourg and when they install the Xmas lights.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
975 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Markets

Indeed the Christmas markets in Strasbourg and/or in Colmar are much more authentic than those in Paris, and these cities in Alsace are very nice and interesting too. They last through all December. For Colmar, see: http://www.noel-colmar.com/en/ and for Strasbourg: www.noel.strasbourg.eu/index.php…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
157 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Markets

Here is a link for Christmas markets this year:

sortiraparis.com/loisirs/guides/34166-les-ma…

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Markets

The Champs Elysee market opens today! :-)

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Markets

I can't agree more for the Christmas markets in Alsace and Colmar, but if you want something a bit less touristy you have the ones in Ribeauville - Kaysersberg - Riquewhir, being on the "Route des Vins", (wine road), they also organize special wine-tasting and visits during this time of the year.

80kms south of Paris, you have Provins and its medieval Christmas market. I have written an article on Christmas, maybe it can help you : http://www.tripfactory.net/go-christmas/

UK
Level Contributor
327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas Markets

Is there a link in English anywhere about this years markets