We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi stand for early CDG

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
Taxi stand for early CDG

Staying at Apt rental by Tuileries/Rue St Roch. I will have a 8am AirFrance flight out of CDG on a Saturday morning. I've decided to be safe and take a taxi. My question, is it possible to just go to Taxi stand (on map it shows one at Pyramids or Palais Royal)? Will taxi's be at stands at around 6am? Or is it necessary to call for taxi? Thanks!

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,034 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi stand for early CDG

Probably, but it's always better to call.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,099 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi stand for early CDG

It's a bit hit or miss to get a taxi at a stand when you particularly need one. Might have to wait, or might not. We've had good luck just walking to our nearby RER station as there are more customers there, thus more taxies.

Allonsee
Level Contributor
833 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi stand for early CDG

Are you flying back to Utah from CDG? Because if so, you will need to leave a lot earlier than 6am.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,450 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi stand for early CDG

there are sometimes supply problems with taxis for morning airport runs -- a hotel in the center once told me that they were not always able to obtain an early taxi for the airport due to shortages -- we always reserve a G7 the night before and have never had problems. taxi stands are often empty of taxis in Paris.

I assume you are not flying to the US since you need to be at the airport about 3 hours ahead for that -- but 6 is probably pushing it even for a domestic flight at 8

Utah
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi stand for early CDG

Thanks for responses. Good idea going to RER to possibly get taxi. I will be flying to Amsterdam. Originally was going to take train but when I went to book they had posted due to construction, train tickets not on sale. I panicked and purchased air instead. Now I notice they are selling the train to Amsterdam. Wondering if I should cancel my AF flight and book train? Either way, will need a taxi. No sure if I will have access to cell phone. Can Reservation for G7 taxi be made before I arrive in Paris? (Probably dumb question). For 8am flight to Amsterdam, what would be safest time to be at airport? Thank you.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi stand for early CDG

You can reserve G7 online, or if you are traveling solo you may want to try their shared taxi service called We-Cab which you can reserve online also. We-cab will be 15-20 euros cheaper than a taxi.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi stand for early CDG

90 minutes before departure is plenty of time ahead to check in for Amsterdam. It's basically a shuttle with all of the AF and KLM flights with a non stop dedicated set of counters.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi stand for early CDG

If you can cancel flight without severe charges and get a favourable price for the Thalys to Amsterdam, then I'd take the train - no security, customs etc to clear. You only have to turn up 2 minutes before train departs - although, I would make sure you're at the train at least 10 mins before. You have to pre-book for the Thalys:

https://www.thalys.com/nl/en/

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi stand for early CDG

I would leave no later than 5:30 AM (maybe earlier) for an 8:00 AM flight to Amsterdam. Forget the taxi stand idea. Call G7 the day before.

Utah
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi stand for early CDG

Thanks! After reading your sugestions, I found out my airline ticket was non refundable and therefore decided to stick with air instead of train. I've bood a WeCab through G7. Will pick me up approx. 5:25am from Rue Saint-Honore (they guaranteed arrival at airport by 6:30am). The cost was 34EU = $45. Hopefully they will be dependable.