We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

orange county, ca
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

It's 10:00 Paris time & MyParisVisit.com has been extremely accommodating.

Went to the office this morning to discuss problem & the manager, Tracey was very helpful.

They are replacing our luggage, laundering all of our clothes & putting up on a new rental.

They have never had a problem like this & they were very friendly to help us out.

I am very pleased with the service. I will update once we get our belongings.

It was a gross & disappointing situation but the customer service really helped to make a bad situation better.

We have never dealt with anything like this before. I hope this is our first & last time of dealing with something like this.

Thank you to all that responded to my earlier posting:)

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

Thanks for the update. Good to hear that the MyParisVisit have handled this well. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

Pleased to hear that My Paris Visit responded so promptly to you, and thank you for coming back and letting everyone know. It's always good to know when a company has provided good customer service like this.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

Thank you so much for posting this - really helpful. Any company can seem good when all is going well, but it is when they encounter an unexpected bad problem that you really find out which are the good ones. So pleased it has been resolved and you can now relax and enjoy the rest of your holiday. :-)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

I'm glad that things are working out. Thanks for the update.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

lesson learned: never rent from a company that does not provide an after-hours emergency phone number!

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,961 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

Thanks for updating. First thing I did this morning was to check. Hope the new place works out.

Maddie, I agree. What if a water pipe burst or some other problem developed? I would be leery of renting where there was no emergency number to contact.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

Great to hear they are on this and quickly!

Now it's time to enjoy the BEST city in the world with your family!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,748 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

I always make sure I have a local contact number -- BUT I have never had a late night emergency so don't know if those numbers would actually work in a pinch. Your experience will make me a little more alert to that sort of thing in the future. Glad this is working out.

I always worry about bed bug hitchhikers since we travel a lot -- and you can pick a single bug up unknowingly. One of the things we have is a big bag of food grade diatomaceous earth -- it is a white powder that is complete non-toxic (food grade) but if dusted in to borders of a storage area will kill BB larvae -- it works by cutting their delicate skin (diatoms are sharp). Only caution is to not breath it or get it in your eyes as it is an irritant. We used it around our storage unit where all our stuff was for a year after we made a big move. And I use it in the storage unit in our condo where our suitcases are kept. We also have a bedbug cover on our mattress at home -- they also work on dust mites to keep them from getting out of the mattress.

You will probably be fine here. Hope the new place works out well.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,819 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

"They are replacing our luggage, laundering all of our clothes & putting up on a new rental."

Great! That is exactly what they should be doing.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,641 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Update! Bed bug infestation at St. Honore 3-MyParisVisit

So pleased things worked out for you. I do hope that everyone who read the original thread will also read this one and not think it is just a duplicate.