We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

mosqer
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

Hi,

No doubt someone has already posted the best agencies for apartment rentals in Paris -- can someone please direct me to that post?

Thanks.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$330.30*
wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

"Best" is very subjective and impossible if you don't set out your budget or the number in your party. We have had good luck with air bnb (not in Paris0, vrbo and with welcome2france, although the latter provides excellent service but tends to offer higher end apartments.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

Have you tried using the search function on the forum?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

There are many good agencies catering to many budgets. The best way is to check the forum and then check out the agencies that get the best reviews and see what they have to offer in your budget range, area, size etc.

Not all agencies offer good service and using sites like VRBO you are taking a chance because you are dealing directly with the owner ... sometimes good, sometimes bad - from my personal experience.

Do some research and then come back here and run specific things by us.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,031 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

A few good ones mentioned here

tripadvisor.co.uk/…50075027

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,277 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

I like RentParis.com

No security deposits. Very helpful English speaking people meet you at the apartment. They have a lot of my price range apartment in the Marais. Everyone in my family uses them regularly - never any issues. Oh, the car service they recommend didnt show to take me to the airport (after I sprained my ankle in a pothole rushing to lunch at Bistro Paul Bert - so couldnt deal with the RER when it was acting iffy at the end of a strike) but that wasnt RentParis's fault.

suitcaseready.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

I haven't traveled yet, but Haven in Paris has been very good to deal with so far. Friends have rented through them and are there now, and are delighted with their apartment.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

I have rented from Paris At Home three times and have had wonderful experiences using them:

http://parisathome.fr/uk/ukindex.htm

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

We have used www.vrbo.com for the past 17 years.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
288 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

I used Escalea Apartments for my rental in Paris. They were great to deal with. Before deciding on which apartment to go with...I was doing the exact same thing you were....

The representative met us at the apartment on time and gave us tour of the apartment and showed us how everything worked. I would definitely rent from this company again.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renting apartments in Paris -- best agencies

I am considering Escalea apartments as well. Hawaiibound, what apartment did you rent?

I am hoping it is one in the 6th, where I am considering a rental.

Mosqer, from what I have gathered with what seems to be endless research ( lol) , Vacation in Paris, Paris Perfect and Cobblestay have an excellent reputation throughout the web. I am currently narrowing down my search to VIP and Escalea, although older posts of Escalea aren't the best, the recent reviews have been good. They have been very responsive to my emails and questions so far and they have 3 apartments in the 6th that we love. Paris Perfect seemed great with an excellent reputation(and have some of the same apartments as Escalea) but they only seem to do weekly rentals. I needed to have a 4 day rental.