We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girly shopping day in Paris

perth wa
Level Contributor
32 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Girly shopping day in Paris

In our forthcoming visit to Paris my husband has organised a day of cycling with son doing the Paris Roubaix. I plan to spend the day without males doing a little bit of retail therapy with my 7 yr old daughter. I don't buy high end clothes eg Versace, Burberry etc but do enjoy a mix of smaller designers and chain store. Which would be the best area to shop for this? It would also be nice if these shops catered to young girls too so my daughter doesn't feel left out. Are there any particular areas where there a large clusters of fun shopping for girls? My 7yr year is not great at walking big distances so we need to head to one or maybe two districts at most to make the best of the one day we have of male - free shopping. Thanks in advance

Bastille Market
Flea & Street Markets
Rue Mouffetard Market
Flea & Street Markets
Rue Cler
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Flea & Street Markets
Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girly shopping day in Paris

The Marais is a good shopping area and Galleries Lafayette is an experience. As well as clothes/fashion, GL has a great food hall and at the top interesting views of the rooftops of Paris.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Girly shopping day in Paris

My sisters and their granddaughters love snooping around here on the rue des Martyrs and the adjacent streets such as rue Navarin, Clauzel, Rue de la Tour d'Auvergne and rue Condorcet.

Lots of fun girly shops and a few 'degriffes' shops where you'll get designer at knock down prices.

And some of the best cake shops here as well!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,928 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girly shopping day in Paris

If your daughter is not into too much walking, your shopping may be guided by where you will be staying. There are always clusters of interesting shops in every neighbourhood. I prefer the left bank and do a lot of shopping at Petit Bateau, great for kids stuff that adult like myself can squeeze into.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,309 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girly shopping day in Paris

Girls' Guide to Paris always has some great shopping info:

http://girlsguidetoparis.com/

When my daughter was young, she loved to look at "silly" things in souvenir-type shops (pens in the shape of loaves of French bread were favorites). She also loved a few of the shops on Bl St Michel (very touristy) where she could buy the fancy mini bottles of cologne. She "shopped" for herself and friends in these places.

I would find a picturesque area (Marais was suggested, and I'll suggest the small streets in St Germain which branch off from rue Buci) and visit the shops of all kinds--clothing, souvenir, pures, novelties (Pylones is fun). Rue des Martyrs was also suggested, and I love that idea, too. It will lead you up to Montmartre, which would be a very fun day. Yes, some walking involved, but at Place Blanche you could get the Petit Train for a little tour of Montmartre.

parisinfo.com/visites-guidees/74302/Promotra…

Edited: 05 September 2013, 16:53
los angeles
Level Contributor
9,309 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girly shopping day in Paris

Re the above, I typed "pures," but I mean purses. On a small street in St Germain, I recently purchased leather pouches (to hold make up, coins, paper clips, whatever) in several gorgeous colors for 10 (maybe 12) euros each. They made great gifts for my co-workers. But this is the type of little shop I'm talking about--unique, not a chain, a different type of shopping experience.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 16:57
United States
Level Contributor
9,320 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girly shopping day in Paris

there are so many fun shops but with a 7 year old I might second the idea of galleries lafayette...I enjoy that place...such a buzz and always try to go in the morning and end up on the top floor for lunch...i think that may be the floor for the toys too. i'm sure these days alot of chinese imports but I think the french brands are still represented there...really something for everyone and all under one roof...especially good if the weather is bad.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girly shopping day in Paris

When my niece (age 7) comes to visit, I always take here on a little shopping spree. Our favorite place is the rue du Commerce in the 15th, just behind the Eiffel Tower. It is a realtively quiet street for us to walk calmly. It is also fairly short and very picturesque. Then there are the shops. For me, there is Ilva,,Somewhere and Clara and Jade. All affordable fashions from around here. For her there are the kids stores DPAM and Cyrillus, There is also a Monoprix for both of us. We usually end our shopping with lunch at Café Cosmos on avenue Emile Zola.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girly shopping day in Paris

I'd second that about Rue due Commerce - my favourite shopping street in Paris, but don't tell everyone or they'll all want to go there!!!! ;o)

perth wa
Level Contributor
32 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girly shopping day in Paris

Thank you ladies. We have to make the most of our bloke free day as we all know how much fun they are on shopping trips!

10. Re: Girly shopping day in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 05:17