We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Bread Nearby

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Good Bread Nearby

We are staying about two blocks from r. St. Paul and r. St. Antoine. The two bakeries Paul and Madame Mannon have good pastries but their baguettes are not very good - light and airy and not much flavor .. more of a commercially baked product. We of course know of other good breads in Paris, but we would like to find something near us for our daily convenience.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Bread Nearby

You could try Boulangerie Martin, rue Saint Louis en l'ïle

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Bread Nearby

Paris9 strikes again. That is a great bakery. It's where we pick up things for our Seine picnics.

Last chance for a picnic this evening by the way....weather changing tomorrow!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Bread Nearby

Thanks - We have bought bread there on many many past visits to Paris., in fact we were there yesterday. Even though it is about a 15 minute walk from our apartment, I am looking for something much closer to home - to run out to get fresh bread for breakfast, etc.

Tomorrow ... 82 and thunder storms.... Hopefully late in the PM.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 10:31
PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Bread Nearby

What street are you on??

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Bread Nearby

r. Charles V

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Bread Nearby

The other day at Mannon my shopping bags were full, and I asked for a bag as I don't like carrying my bread down the street with just a small piece of paper around it. She charged us 10 centimes for it. I feel like I am home in San Francisco, where the new law charges 10¢ for bags in all stores, department stores, drug stores etc... Of course we always carry our own shopping bags at home and here in Paris.

No other stores here, wine, cheese, etc.. have charged us for bags. Even though we had our own bags with us. they automatically put them into their own smaller store bags.

Wherever we have stayed in Paris in the past, there has always been a good bakery either on the corner or across the street and the bread has always been good - some better than others, but nothing as bad as Paul and Mannon.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Bread Nearby

The "Boulangerie Pâtisserie Beaumarchais" at 28 Blvd Beaumarchais is very good. It's just a block east of the Place des Vosges.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Bread Nearby

I second the boulangerie at 28 boulevard Beaumarchais. It’s a bit of a hike for you in the mornings but both Paul and Manon are terrible. Get your bread in the evening, wrap it in a tea towel and it will be fine for breakfast.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Bread Nearby

More and more stores are charging for bags.

I'm for it.

We've had this in Ireland for years but in fact it's more of an "ecotax" to help environmental projects.

I always have my shopping bag with me..it gets to be a habit.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Bread Nearby

Merci ..... if I am going to put pain on my hips, it had better be good!