We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in a day

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Paris in a day

Hi all,

An outrageous suggestion I know, but I am hoping to know the best things to focus on for one fantastic day in Paris.

We have one morning (until about 1pm) and then the whole next day and want to see as much as we can without being exhausted. Even just a good route for a nice day long walk around the main sights would be amazing.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris in a day

newparistours.com/daily-tours/paris-free-tou…

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris in a day

Do you mean "until one pm" or after 1 pm on arrival day?

As for routing a great walk, I think that's a wonderful idea--where are you staying? And what day of the week?

Pantin
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris in a day

You need to call the event "frustration day" if you only have one day. Why is the trip so short?

CT
Level Contributor
852 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris in a day

..get on a tour bus -HOHO or other if you just have a day and want to see the usual Paris highlights.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris in a day

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest!

It is so short because we have come from Spain and are heading to Belgium but one of our friends is flying into Paris so we are here to meet him.

He arrives tomorrow (Sat) at 2pm so we have until then free to explore. Then the whole following day. Then we leave early the next morning!

A walking or metro route would be excellent! We are staying right near Parmentier metro stop.

Edited: 06 September 2013, 19:01
Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris in a day

I strongly suggest a boat-cruise as a way to see many sights, albeit just as a flyby teaser. One idea would then be to walk around the Latin quarter and the Marais, taking in Notre Dame and the two small islands that lie between these two neighbourhoods.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris in a day

Actually, on your first half day, I suggest stroll of both islands and visit to Cathedral Notre Dame ( free, lines move very fast); then continue toward Left Bank- Latin Quarter and Luxembourg Gardens ( you could have lunch picnic there ).

On your second full day take HOHO bus and see some landmarks of Paris. Toward the evening get to Trocadero square, where you will get the most beautiful view of Eiffel Tower and photo opportunities. Then walk across the river and at the foot of the tower, take Seine river cruise. It's magical when ET sparkles and city lights shine in the river.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris in a day

<<Even just a good route for a nice day long walk around the main sights would be amazing.>>

I think that would be much more amazing than sitting on the HOHO bus, or even a cruise.

You are staying near Pere Lachaise cemetary, so maybe that's something to explore. Also, on a Saturday night, you could find a cute little restaurant near the Canal to celebrate your friend's arrival.

On Sunday morning, walk through the Marais, have lunch somehwere, then proceed to Notre Dame, walk through the Ile de la Cite and cross the Seine back to the Right Bank - walk to The Louvre (I wouldn't suggest going inside, but walk through the courtyards - the building arcitecthure is amazing!), then through the TUileries Gardens towards the Eiffel Tower. Spend some time there - then head to the Arc de Triomphe or to the Latin Quarter.

Enjoy your brief trip! Paris is very walkable, pedestrian-friendly, and beautiful - so I hope you take advantage of that, and walk as much as you can!

9. Re: Paris in a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 05:19