We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of the following three apartments?

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
273 reviews
Save Topic
Which of the following three apartments?

Mainly interested in opinions on location. We would like to be somewhere that is not loaded with tourists, but not too far away from the touristy stuff. In other words we want to get a feel for real Parisian life, but be within a 5 or ten minute subway ride, or twenty minute walk of some sights. We would like to be somewhere also where we can get a late night drink or eat a late night meal. The options are.

http://www.vrbo.com/214635

http://www.vrbo.com/331746

http://www.vrbo.com/422828

The last one looks to be the most comfortable, but others have said that the location is not for us. Any input would be of great help. Many thanks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,986 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of the following three apartments?

I prefer the location of the second apartment. I also liked that they do not ask for a security deposit (though I didn't read the terms on the others). I stayed near the Bastille in May and absolutely loved the area.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of the following three apartments?

May I ask what is lacking with the location of the third apartment?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,986 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of the following three apartments?

There are several comments about the location of the apartment in the 7th on your previous thread: tripadvisor.com/…52613723

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of the following three apartments?

I also think the 2nd is the location that best fits what you are looking for. You're within walking distance of sights but can also walk in any direction for good restaurants and cafes.

Fayetteville
Level Contributor
248 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of the following three apartments?

We stayed in the Marais for two weeks in Aug. We enjoyed the area for the reasons you mention. There were plenty of tourists in Paris but it seemed most were French.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,974 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which of the following three apartments?

I would choose the second simply because I think it's beautiful ... although I do love the Marais area. All of Paris is busy with tourists ... cannot be avoided if you are closish in.

Mountain View...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which of the following three apartments?

That is the best way to choose a good neighbourhood. A good place should be secure, and have access to all the resources you need.

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which of the following three apartments?

I would choose the third one, because it's bright, I love the decor and the balcony. It might be a bit noisy though, as it overlooks the busy Ave Duquesne. I love the location, transport is great, as well as the three metro station's, you have the no 87 and 82 buses right on the doorstep.

The first one is to cluttered for my liking, and the Marais one, though a great location, is so gloomy they have all the lights on in the middle of the day to take the pictures.

Paris
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which of the following three apartments?

Just in terms of location, the third place is a bit more staid; I have friends who live in this neighborhood and it suits them fine, but they aren't tourists. The Marais is a vibrant and beautiful area, much more lively. The Luxembourg location is also a good one for touring on foot, by bus, or by metro.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which of the following three apartments?

Thanks for all the helpful replies.