We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
307 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

Hello. I will be travelling from disneyland to vienna on december 4. I will go to cdg from disneyland with the 18:30 tgv train and my flight leaves at 20:40 from terminal 3. Do you think i can make it? Is 2d far from 3?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,046 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

It should be enough. For flights within the European Schengen area, it is recommended that you be in the check-in line about 2 hours before scheduled departure. For getting around at the airport, see www.easycdg.com

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

When you arrive at CDG T2, take the CDGVal (free airport rail shuttle between terminals) to the Terminal 3 stop. From there you have a 5-minute walk to Terminal 3 itself. Allow 20 minutes from stepping off the TGV to being inside T3 (this includes getting your bearings).

If I understand your travel plans correctly, you'll have 1h50 so you should just about be OK.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
307 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

I have just been told that cdg has long queues at check in and passport control and i am afraid that i might loose the flight. My train arrives at 18:40 at cdg 2d and my flight is at 20:40 at terminal 3. You think i can make it? :/

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,046 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

Probably, if all goes well. There is no passport control between Paris and Vienna.

But if you have already bought the train and plane tickets, there is not much you can do except hope for the bet.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
307 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

I have not bought them yet but it is the most convenient time because the last train before this one, is 3 hours earlier.. i dont know why it doesnt have more trains..

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

No one can predict what can happen on a particular day, but arriving at T2 TGV station two hours ahead of a T3 departure for another Schengen country would not have me unduly worried. I could probably get from the TGV platform to inside T3 in about 15 minutes max. (10 minutes if I ran a bit). If T3 is busy you wont have time to wander about or buy anything, but you should be OK.

If you're really worried, most airlines let you print out your boarding pass the previous day, and simply drop off luggage at a specific point as opposed to queuing for manual baggage check-in. Print out your boarding pass at the hotel the previous evening.

There wouldn't be many trains before the train you mention as I can't see a big demand for people leaving in the middle of the day.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,943 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

As you do not have a lot of time, be ready, upon arrival at CDG, to transfer from the TGV to the CDGVAL, the free rail terminal shuttle. Follow the signs to CDGVAL which departs from the upper level of the TGV station. Disembark from the CDGVAL at Roissypol, about an 8- 10 minute ride from Terminal 2. From Roissypol, you must walk to Terminal 3, maybe another 4-5 minutes.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
307 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

Thank you both. I believe i can make it as long as there will not be very long queues.. fingers crossed :)

9. Re: cdg terminal 2d to terminal 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 05:17