We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel from gare du nord to Charles de Gaulle airport

Alexandra Headland...
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Train travel from gare du nord to Charles de Gaulle airport

Can someone tell me please if the Eurorail global pass covers me getting from gare du nord to Charles du Gaulle airport, eurodisney and Versailles? I am having trouble finding out. Also, does it cover me on the RER B line from Orly airport? Help!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
489 reviews
from US$73.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,209 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train travel from gare du nord to Charles de Gaulle airport

No. I wouldn't think so. What to the terms and conditions of the pass say?

And if you haven't already purchased your Eurail pass, please take a look at www.seat61.com for details about how a rail pass is rarely a good idea.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,610 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train travel from gare du nord to Charles de Gaulle airport

Have you tried contacting the company that sold you the pass and asked them?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26,196 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train travel from gare du nord to Charles de Gaulle airport

I doubt if a Eurail pass covers local commuter rail but you would have to find out from the people who sell the pass what it covers.

Allonsee
Level Contributor
864 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train travel from gare du nord to Charles de Gaulle airport

From what I've gleaned from the website, no.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train travel from gare du nord to Charles de Gaulle airport

Eurailpasses used to cover things like this -- back when I had one in 1971! They don't anymore. This is because the SNCF suburban network has been merged with the other urban transportation systems. Due to this, a Eurailpass is now only good for main line and regional trains.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,133 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train travel from gare du nord to Charles de Gaulle airport

And in France all the fast trains have compulsory seat reservation which is not covered by the pass and can cost more than an ordinary ticket purchased well in advance. To make things worse, the number of seats available to passholders is strictly limited.

A rail pass is not a good idea in France.

Alexandra Headland...
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train travel from gare du nord to Charles de Gaulle airport

Thanks for all the info. End of the day no it doesn't cover the trip to airport but does to Versailles and Eurodisney. My eurail pass has been the best thing I bought to come over with. We have travelled extensively on it for the last four months and if I didn't have it, due to being here in summer, the costs of travelling by train the way we have would have far exceeded what I paid for the pass and some reservations.

8. Re: Train travel from gare du nord to Charles de Gaulle airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:16