We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to pack for fridays trip

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
what to pack for fridays trip

packing for our trip to Faris on friday for my daughters 21st birthday,,can t wait.ive looked at weather forecast and thinking to maybe pack for spring like weather and bring an umbrella just incase.

thank you for all your help in planning my trip.i really appreciate it and will write a trip report on our return

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to pack for fridays trip

Have fun in Faris! :)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
717 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to pack for fridays trip

Yes, bring an umbrella and a good raincoat. I've been in Paris since Saturday and we've had grey skies and it rained on Monday and Tuesday. Today (Wednesday) it hasn't rained yet, but it sure looks like is going to. It has also been cool enough for a light jacket or sweater. Bring layers. The forecast for next week looks pretty iffy right now. But, it shouldn't keep you from having a good time.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what to pack for fridays trip

Better check the boards indeed: …yahoo.com/blogs/compass/airline-mistake-sen…

Have a great trip, and indeed, layers and an umbrella are key this time of the year!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to pack for fridays trip

I don't think that you can bring an umbrella into all venues. Some may have places where you can leave them, but I would bring a waterproof jacket with a good hood. If you don't have one, get a rain "proofing" spray and spray it on a jacket you are going to take. Do a test spot, but I do this frequently and other than making water bead up, the Kiwi brand doesn't affect the color or softness of my fabrics. Also spray this on your shoes, and you'll be ready for a sprinkle without worrying about an umbrella.

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to pack for fridays trip

i think the most important thing is for each of you to have 2 pairs of comfortable walking shoes (or boots), so that one can be drying while you wear the other. You can always pick up a cheap raincoat or umbrella, but you can't break in shoes!

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Toronto
Level Contributor
223 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to pack for fridays trip

We are also leaving on Friday for Paris for 10 days. Hoping for better weather than last Oct when it rained 8/9 days. Raincoat is essential and umbrella, a small collapsable one that can fit into a handbag. I am going with short and long sleeves and as already mentioned ... comfortable shoes .. no heals. Enjoy and dine well !!

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to pack for fridays trip

thank you for the advise,i will be taking rain coat, comfortable shoes and mole skin just in case of blisters,

8. Re: what to pack for fridays trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 05:16