We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas plans

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas plans

18 Dec – Arrive Gare du Nord at 1pm

Metro and check into the hotel

Metro to Notre Dame

Visit Jardin des Plantes (with zoo?), Notre Dame and nearby Christmas markets

So my daughter (4), husband and I are off to Paris for 3 nights the week before Christmas. What do you think about my plans so far? My husband and I have done Paris before so we aren't worried about going up the Tower, visiting too many museums etc. Do you think this is doable and also are there any other recommendations? Specific museums for children/interactive museums/parks/Christmas 'villages' etc? Many thanks in advance x

19 Dec – Champs de Mars park to play and view Eiffel Tower

1 hour river cruise

Walk to Trocadero market to snow village and ice skating

20 Dec – Metro to Jardin Acclimations (rides and a farm?)

Metro to Champs Elysee/Arc de Triomphe/Ferris Wheel/Markets

21 Dec – No plans as of yet, but need to be at Gare du Nord about 4.30pm for Eurostar

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas plans

Also plan to buy 'Carte Paris Visite zone 1-3 for 5 days' to cover our travel around the city. x

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas plans

You might consider the circus Bouglione at the Cirque d'hiver.

chicago
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas plans

I have seen this museum referred to by people on this site. It is only open at Christmas time and

have heard children will like it.

Musée des Arts Forains

Here is a link to kerouac2 blog on it.

anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

I have it on my list to do when I am there at Christmas. But I won't have any children with me :-)

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
714 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas plans

Wow!!! That museum looks amazing! Last year it didn't open till after Christmas :( but I have my fingers crossed! Thank you both x

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas plans

Personally, I would scratch the zoo at Jardin des Plantes. It's the old "Victorian style", with small cages and habitats - I have seen both children and adults in tears. The "evolution" exhibit is really wonderful, though, especially if your child likes lots of skeletons.

The Bouglione circus at Cirque d'Hiver is very small, and kids have a great time here. Adults enjoy the building - made like an antique jewel box - and also the very attractive acrobats and dancers. Avoid the front row - those tigers are really close!

There's also a good-sized ice skating rink in front of Hotel de Ville, and usually a small one on the Champs Elysee, among the market stands.

Edited: 15 September 2013, 21:45
6. Re: Christmas plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 06:19