We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing Brunch?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Amazing Brunch?

We'll be in Paris for my husband's birthday. My husband's birthday request is to have an amazing breakfast/brunch restaurant to splurge. So instead of doing a b-day dinner, we are looking for a posh restaurant that serves the most fantastic breakfast/brunch in an upscale setting. Since dinners will be lighter for us, trying to get a great bfast to start off the day and then hopefully walk it all off:-)

We might have to do this on a weekday as opposed to a typical Sunday.

Le Cinq and Le Bristol looks interesting.

Any thoughts are welcomed.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazing Brunch?

Le Meurice is very fine, as well...It would be lovely if you were spending the night in one of those nice hotels, too!

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,066 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazing Brunch?

Here's another recommendation for Le Meurice, though it's far more economical to enjoy a meal, of course, rather than pay those room rates, and you still enjoy the glorious public areas and dining room.

Brunch is not common in Paris (or even eggs, bacon, etc. for breakfast), so it's important to check hours and menus and brunch is especially not common except for Sundays.

Sunday brunch at Cafe de la Paix is magnificent, and like sitting in a Renoir painting.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazing Brunch?

Shangri La's brunch is superb and very wide ranging, but only offered on weekends (as most brunches in Paris): shangri-la.com/paris/…

CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazing Brunch?

We are not staying at Le Meurice. Sounds like brunch is not that common.

Cafe de la Paix looks great, though we will have to sit inside because it will be cold in november but that's ok.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Amazing Brunch?

LOADS of places do brunch in Paris (just check a site like 'oubruncher')

Now whether they are 'amazing' or not is a another question.(What do you mean by that??)

It's' true that the best brunches I have had here have been at the Crillon and the Ritz but both are closed for the mo.

So somewhere like the Shangri La would be worth looking into.

CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Amazing Brunch?

Sean, Amazing meaning fantastic food, great atmosphere and service.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Amazing Brunch?

Honestly Clueless I would go for a more 'classic' French Sunday lunch at a brasserie or a great restaurant.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amazing Brunch?

I would, too. The brunch concept, while it has caught on fairly recently, just doesn't say "France" to me, and for a special meal in Paris, I'd never choose brunch (or breakfast, as it won't be anything at all like what you're probably used to unless you go to someplace that offers "American breakfast," and that sure won't be special). I do like to have brunch occasionally at the Musée Jacquemart-André because it's such a pretty setting.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amazing Brunch?

We had brunch at La Compagnie de Bretagne. It was quite unique and interesting and we will be returning next year.. I did a review on TA you can read as well. I believe the brunch is only on Sunday(?) but you will have to confirm that.

La Compagnie de Bretagne

9 Rue de l'École de Médecine, 75006 Paris, France / +33 1 43 29 39 00

http://www.compagnie-de-bretagne.com/

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d22…

lafourchette.com/restaurant/…13026

fb

10. Re: Amazing Brunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:21