We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG to Hotel Mondail, 5 Cite Bergere, - best route, no car

Stratford, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
CDG to Hotel Mondail, 5 Cite Bergere, - best route, no car

Hello,

Could someone please advise of the best way (bus vs metro) of getting to Hotel Mondail from the airport midmorning. It is a small hotel near Grande Boulevard metro on line 8 & 9.

I have Googled and there is mixed advice about the bus and where to get off. My French is rusty French Canadian, so a simple but longer route is fine.

Thanks. mjv

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG to Hotel Mondail, 5 Cite Bergere, - best route, no car

If you don't have too much baggage, I would say just take the Roissybus to Opéra and walk up the Grands Boulevards to your hotel from there. Or take the metro from Opéra for a few stops to the Grands Boulevards station, and you will just be steps away from the hotel. I would recommend the walk, because the fresh air will do you good, you'll get a sense of the area, and you probably can't check into the hotel immediately anyway.

Edited: 18 September 2013, 22:29
Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG to Hotel Mondail, 5 Cite Bergere, - best route, no car

Hi,

How many of you will be travelling and does your party have any special needs or large amounts of luggage?

Do you mean a bus from CDG to Paris or RER to Gare du Nord and then a bus from there? Bus 48 from Gare du Nord in the direction of Palais Royal will take you along BVD Poissonniere and it would be a short walk from the corner of R. du Faubourg Montmatre.

You can check out possibilities on the RATP site here: www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/cartebus.php

Very useful site for your entire Paris trip.

Cheers,

UF

Stratford, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG to Hotel Mondail, 5 Cite Bergere, - best route, no car

Merci. Advice much appreciated. I'm going to take the Roissybus and either walk or cab it to the hotel.

MJ

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,885 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG to Hotel Mondail, 5 Cite Bergere, - best route, no car

Also a good idea to check the hotel website for specific directions.

5. Re: CDG to Hotel Mondail, 5 Cite Bergere, - best route, no car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:20