We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

I would like to know who has used the company "Vacation in Paris" to rent an apartment and what was your experience with the company.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

Outstanding, many times. Huge advantages include having the key mailed (so no meet and greet), ease of payment (no worries about currency conversion fees, etc.), clear terms and conditions, and so on.

Do select a property carefully if specifics are or aren't important to you. Do stairs (many flights) matter? Do you need/want a bathtub with shower versus a tiny shower only? A proper dining table/chairs, as opposed to a bar with uncomfortable stools, or nothing? Will you want/need a/c if there's a spell of hot weather?

Check all details, "steps from...", "minutes" from...look at a map and determine for yourself.

If you'll be doing any cooking (or just for supplies), it's better if there's a supermarket within steps rather than many blocks (as you have to haul all that "home"). Same goes for neighborhood restaurants and corner cafes.

First thing, check availability for your dates. This agency and the properties are in high demand and most book far, far, in advance (a year). So, there's no point obsessing over all the possibilities only to find that the top choices you spent hours and hours narrowing down are not available.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

First time in March and the experience was very good.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

I've used them 6 or 7 times, all were satisfactory. Most of their apartments aren't what I would consider luxurious, but serviceable and perfectly fine if you're not looking for high end. I believe their prices reflect that as well.

Do follow what djkbooks said about them booking well in advance. They're very popular with North Americans for obvious reasons: they can be reached during our time zones, they transact in US dollars and they speak English.

Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

Good luck with that... I will be there in october ... If this company finds what i need ill let you know bout the experience

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

Used them twice, great experienced both times. Ditto everything djkbooks said about experiences with them. Do follow her advice, actually great advice for any apartment rental!

NZ
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

Used them about 5 times now - no issues and have become friends with the manager/wife of the apartment I usually use.

Michigan
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

We booked through VIP for our vacation in August. Everything went smoothly and we found all of the pictures and information provided about the apartment to be exactly as we found it.

They also provided comtact information of clients who had recently stayed at the apartment we were considering as it did not have many reviews. We decided to book after receiving feedback from several of the contacts. They provided and confirmed details such as the number of supermarkets nearby and attractions within walking distance.

I agee that getting the keys in the mail was nice. Also received our deposit back promptly after we mailed back the keys.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

I also had a great experience with them and am looking at a few of their properties now for my next trip. I found them to be very honest about any flaws in the apartments I considered which I really appreciated so make sure you ask questions if you have concerns.

As Scube mentioned, they will provide contact info for previous renters which is very helpful. Make sure you are able to contact people that have stayed within the last 6 months so you have an accurate picture of the current condition.

Michigan
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris

We booked through VIP for our vacation in August. Everything went smoothly and we found all of the pictures and information provided about the apartment to be exactly as we found it.

They also provided comtact information of clients who had recently stayed at the apartment we were considering as it did not have many reviews. We decided to book after receiving feedback from several of the contacts. They provided and confirmed details such as the number of supermarkets nearby and attractions within walking distance.

I agee that getting the keys in the mail was nice. Also received our deposit back promptly after we mailed back the keys.

Michigan
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: renting an apartment from the company, Vacations in Paris