We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TOUR - Behind the scenes of the Eiffel Tower

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
117 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
TOUR - Behind the scenes of the Eiffel Tower

Thinking about booking the TOUR - Behind the scenes of the Eiffel Tower. Is this worth the time and money?

Thank you.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TOUR - Behind the scenes of the Eiffel Tower

Some people think so and really enjoy it. (Type "Behind the scenes" into the forum search function). A recent trip report shows that it fit in well to a busy itinerary (no queuing):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k68537…

I didn't go up the tower until my 3rd or 4th trip to Paris and doubt I shall again. But everyone should do it once if they have a yearning to do it.

It's your time. You don't say how much of it you have, but it can certainly be useful to avoid queuing up at Tour Eiffel if you can't get regular tickets for your dates. Would I pay extra if I could get the regular tickets and take time off from other place? Probably not.

But if I couldn't get regular tickets, I would certainly consider as a way to get to the top without spending too much time.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,650 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TOUR - Behind the scenes of the Eiffel Tower

I'm normally not a "tour" type person, and I liked the tour a lot. It was fun to see the bunker under the Champ du Mars and the workings of the tower. It was well worth the price.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TOUR - Behind the scenes of the Eiffel Tower

The tour will get you to places you wouldn't normally ever see. You'll find out some interesting things like how water from the Seine plays a part in the elevators. I'd been up the tower twice over the years and am glad we did the behind the scenes tour. Even my wife, who is not fond of heights, was glad we did it. And sipping the lines is an added bonus.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TOUR - Behind the scenes of the Eiffel Tower

We took the tour last month, and are glad we did. Good background info on the tower, why/how it was built, how the mechanical aspect of the tower works, what it has been used for. Lots of info in a short period of time. Well worth it!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
975 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TOUR - Behind the scenes of the Eiffel Tower

As I had friends visiting us, we took this tour last year (for the first time) and really enjoyed it. You see and learn a lot about ET's history and technicalities. At the end of the tour, you 'skip the line' and go straight to the lift. I think it's worth to do it, it's interesting and not very expensive.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TOUR - Behind the scenes of the Eiffel Tower

Thank you everyone for your comments. We have limited time in Paris, so am happy to skip the lines and learn a little more about the structure. Thanks.

7. Re: TOUR - Behind the scenes of the Eiffel Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 06:19