We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Maillot to the Latin Quarter?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Port Maillot to the Latin Quarter?

My husband and I are seasoned travelers who always take the metro/buses/walk everywhere when traveling.

We are, however, traveling for the first time with a 1yo AND an elderly parent.

How best (easiest and cheapest) to get to our rented flat in the Latin Quarter? We were planning to take a shuttle from BVA to Port Maillot. We will be doing this after an overnight flight from US.

Any insight is appreciated and wish us luck! :)

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Maillot to the Latin Quarter?

After an overnight trip, i would take the taxi. You'll be exhausted, especially the grandmother and baby. There is too much for you to keep an eye on, and pickpockets are looking to target tourists with suitcases.

If it were just two adults, I'd deal with metro or bus, but for your party, after your overnight flight and shuttle ride, I would totally just take the taxi. It's a tiny expense compared to the rest of your flight cost.

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Maillot to the Latin Quarter?

<<We are, for the first time, travelling with a 1-y-o and an elderly parent>>

Sounds like, for the first time, you will have to take a taxi. :-(

I know it's irritating when you are used to being able to just run down into the metro, but it comes with the territory of travelling with the very young and the elderly instead of just two adults.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,932 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Maillot to the Latin Quarter?

And I believe what was meant in post's 1 and 2 is that you should take a taxi directly from the airport, not from Porte Maillot.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,932 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Maillot to the Latin Quarter?

Correction - My wife pointed out to me that you are coming from Beauvais, not CDG. So yes, shuttle to Porte Maillot and then taxi. Oops.

5. Re: Port Maillot to the Latin Quarter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:18